post-election survey

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Re: post-election survey

Post by TrumpsHair » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:46 pm

swingdoc wrote:Regarless of all the above, a good candidate is still important. And the dems lost cause they ran Kerry. He just wasnt their best.
And the Edwards pick was horrible. A solid VP pick like Lieberman....
Dude, what are you smoking? Do you not remember Gore/Lieberman?

Lieberman might as well be a Republican, that's why you like him, swingdoc, and that's why Bush kissed the fucker.

If the democrats in his state have have any balls at all, they will jettison that whiney, rethug in disguise, Joe-mentum Loserman, and vote in a real fucking democrat.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:15 am

yeah i gotta second trumpshair, leiberman suuuuuuuuucks. i dunno why he doesn't just switch parties and be done with it.

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:52 am

liberman is very milktoast. he wants to be a republican, but there is no way his home state would be unanimous in support of a republican, so the democrats have to put up with him. he is a player more than anything. i'm glad he got smoked in the DNC race. i think it showed that people were not going to buy into the 'middle-ground' strategy as well.

i do think gephart would have cleaned up though.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 am

i've lost all respect for John McCain.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

swingdoc
tinnitus

Post by swingdoc » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Milk toast or not, he would have helped you win the election. Edwards was far left, beautiful, awesome awesome speaker......everything you wanted....but it was a shitty political pick and you lost in part because of it. IMO, a (small) majority of the country is still middle milk toast flavour. Look at the campaign Kerry ran. His opening line at the Dem convention....salutes and says reporting for duty? Who is he trying to get with that....lefts? Did the Repubs put those words in his mouth?...nu uh. I dont think so. It was his own strategy to look moderate-like. Dean coulda had him cause he stated where he was and stuck with it. It struck a chord. Kerry floundered cause he tried to convince people he was moderate, but wasnt, so he gave off a confused and uncertain image.

And the gay marriage thing...I dunno. Probably played some part I guess. I think the repubs were gonna turn out in this election anyway partly because of the war, but mostly cause Kerry and Edwards were too far left. Left handed senators dont have a very good track record as Pres candidates.
A moderate VP choice would have done more to soften the Repubs resolve more than anything else. Bummer. Makes me cry. really.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:33 am

scary fucking times indeed if guys like kerry and edwards are considered "too far left".

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:53 pm

Haven't you realized? This is the end of the world. The hammer just hasn't come down, quite yet.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:45 am

i've realized. it's becoming clearer every day, sadly.