long time listener, first time contributer

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Re: long time listener, first time contributer

Post by joeysimms » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:13 am

I love this stuff. Really. You should just carry on, and keep doing it. What Abe said, too.

kristopher612
gettin' sounds

Post by kristopher612 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:20 am

thanks. i mean, all i can do is work on it to get better. drums were the big problem it seems, and you know what? im working on my playing and they way im placing the mics. unfortunately i can't afford newe cymbals right now, but hey, eventually i will. (tax time here i come. don't screw me now.) vocals, i dunno...vocal training? or do i not worry about opinion's, since they're like...eyeballs, we all have 'em. i think that the vocals could get some work done, but who knows. this is me man. can't change who i am, but i can and will work on it.

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:39 am

i mean, all i can do is work on it to get better
Yeah, but once you get "better", you can't go back. That's why I say enjoy it while you can!

kristopher612
gettin' sounds

Post by kristopher612 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:51 am

true, very true. but i can always try to suck!

odsus
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by odsus » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:08 pm

O.K. Here it is, a good song, (Killed in a Blizzard While Admiring its Beauty), I like the melody, the guitar parts, and the song as a whole, but I must agree with everyone else, the drums could be better, not the tone per se, but the execution, the vocals, like I said a good melody. As a bassist, I like the bass line but your timing is atrocious, play it a few more times and find the groove. I feel like I am bashing you, witch I really don't mean to do, because I do like the song, it is right up my alley. I am on a dial up (a lousy one at that) so I don't have the time to commit to downloading your other songs right away, but I do say, from what I heard, keep it up, invest in a drum machine (rhythm is everything) and post more, no one here is trying to give you grief we are just looking out for the music. You can e-mail me at odsus@visi.net and I will be happy to discuss any of this at lenght. Wright and post more.
Huh?

kristopher612
gettin' sounds

Post by kristopher612 » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:57 pm

the bass is entirely my fault on these songs. i was in a tremendous hurry and wasn't thinking, i dubbed my four tracks onto a stereo, and then did my bass to those 2 tracks, while far back in my head i heard..."this won't work, the two tapes are at totally different speeds...welcome to hell." and lo and behold, i found hel trying to edit it, and since the bass i used was borrwoed and already returned, i couldn't redo it. currently im redoing everything that i'v ealready recorded using a technique i forgot i used before, and it seems to be working better. im not rushing, and im totally redoing anything i find weak in any recording. and since it's all to a cassette tape with just me to operate, if one part is bad, the whole thing gets redone. it's like punishment after the fifth or sixth take after three practice runs. i'm not going to finish anything until i can buy myself a comp just for audio, and once i have it, i will be posting more, and i will defintiely post better versions of these songs. it's nice to hear someone liked that song. (killed...) and nothing said here was taken as bashing, just honest criticism. and my girlfriend said the same thing about the drums. but that is the past and i can already tell a difference in my recordings. thanks for the help. i'll post in about six weeks most likely.
kris