"the next steps are in the offing."

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

"the next steps are in the offing."

Post by sonikbliss » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:56 am

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02 ... index.html
BRUSSELS, Belgium (CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Wednesday that Iran must live up to its international obligations to halt its nuclear program or "the next steps are in the offing."

"And I think everybody understands what the 'next steps' mean," Rice told reporters after a meeting with NATO foreign ministers and European Union officials.
This is sounding more and more like the build up to the war in Iraq. Hopefully war with Iran can be avoided though.

mjau
speech impediment

Re: "the next steps are in the offing."

Post by mjau » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:10 pm

It's on the table, I don't care what Condi and the White House are saying. I think Iran has been the big one all along.

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:35 am

fartbag wrote:"The message is there, the Iranians need to get that message, and we can certainly always remind them that there are other steps that the international community has at its disposal should they not be prepared to live up to these obligations," the secretary of state said.
she's the worst human being ever. I want to kick her so badly.

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:56 am

war of any sort will not be avoided by the US. dick cheney has already stated that wartime will not end within our lifetimes. if not iran, somewhere else then. it will not stop.

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Post by Scodiddly » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:56 am

Iran actually has WMDs, though... which makes attacking them much more of a gamble than than Iraq.

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:13 am

hmmm.... sounds like North Korea has nukes.

marqueemoon
carpal tunnel

Post by marqueemoon » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:19 am

Awesome. Now we are caught short in the face of ACTUAL threats. Way to go, assholes. :roll:
I the prostitute, shall not hide...
But I was very much bothered with my work!

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:18 am

well said.
Ya think they figured out Saddam Hussein got toppled because he didn't have Weapons of Mass Destruction? Ya think they realized that no amount of inspections and proof that there are no WMDs can hold back the U.S. once you are in the crosshairs? Maybe? Just maybe?

Now we should go back and hold hearings for everyone responsible for naming North Korea, (along with Iran, Libya, Syria and Iraq), as possible targets for a first strike with nuclear weapons in the Nuclear Posture Review. Invading Iraq as we did has killed all legitimate non-proliferation attempts. Who will ever sumbit to an inspection process again? Why won't every country, from dictators to democracies, at least considering arming themselves with the most terrible of weapons in order to stave off an invasion?
- Zeynep, Underthesamesun.org