RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
so i bought a motu 828 off ebay...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: This #%^ Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moogrock
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: so i bought a motu 828 off ebay... Reply with quote

so i bought a motu 828 off ebay right...
and it didnt come with the original disks/etc...
which is fine... as i thought i could download all the software...
but turns out i can only download the drivers...
and i cant get a replacement disk becuase im not the registered user...
and i cant get a response from the person i bought it from to get them to call motu and switch it into my name... argh.

any ideas?
this is just frustrating...
i understand its to stop piracy... but damn.
mungojeff
audio school

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: so i bought a motu 828 off ebay... Reply with quote

I'm glad of your post since I've been looking in to doing the same and wondered about it.
I'm a long time MOTU software user and I experienced the same thing with a used copy of Digital Performer. They can be pretty stubborn which is annoying yet understandable. However, it's less understandable with hardware (and the software needed to run it) because it gets bought and sold routinely as used.
Getting the original owner to switch it over to you or to provide you with the original receipt are probably going to be the quickest ways to go. The other thing is that certain customer reps at MOTU seem to be more customer friendly so try again.
Also if you aren't familiar with unicornation.com, you could join and maybe someone there could help.
I'm definately going to email the seller before I buy one on ebay.
Thanks for the warning and good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kcrusher
tinnitus
http://www.bombastique.com/bucky.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: so i bought a motu 828 off ebay... Reply with quote

Are you looking for the AudioDesk software?

Hell, I think I've got a couple copies sitting around - if you want one, just tell me your address.

If you're using some other software, then changing the reg. isn't going to do much for you.
Everybody's X
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: so i bought a motu 828 off ebay... Reply with quote

what he said,

unless you want audiodesk and you're running a mac, the drivers are the only thing your going to get from them anyway
cuemix software will come with the drivers but unless your running the newest 828 it wont work on it anyway.
roy
alignin' 24-trk
http://myspace-630.vo.llnwd.net/00795/03/62/795852630_m.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: so i bought a motu 828 off ebay... Reply with quote

If you are using a PC, the downloadable driver from the MOTU site is the only thing you need. Any ASIO compliant software will work with the 828 (SoundForge, Nuendo, Cubase, Sonar, Audition, etc). If you have a Mac; Sorry, I can't help you.

Roy
moogrock
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: so i bought a motu 828 off ebay... Reply with quote

yeah... basicallly i wanted a copy of audiodesk to mess with untill i bought logic or dp (hadnt descided yet)... as i am runnnin' a mac.
yeeeeeeeeeeahp!
thanks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: This #%^ Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: