RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
PT AD/DA send latency

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: This #%^ Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twitchmonitor
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: PT AD/DA send latency Reply with quote

PT LE (5.x and 6.2.3, depending), 001, G4 800.

I like to send my drum submix through a compressor and tuck it underneath the uncompressed drum mix. Of course, when I do this in PT, I have to set up the same compressor on my straight submix as on the "compressed submix" and just bypass it on the "non-compressed mix" to avoid latency issues. But I'd like to save some DSP and just send the submix to an outboard compressor. So if I have the drums submix on a stereo track and just send out it 3 and 4, and bring it back on 3 and 4, will that give me the same amount of latency as if I send it out 5 and 6, through a compressor, and back on 5 and 6? If so, I would just run one submix out and in, and one out, through a comp, and back. Am I making sense?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: This #%^ Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: