RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
when ebay makes me chuckle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

"NO RESERVE ON THIS VERY RARE RECORD!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4074012579&rd=1

http://www.myspace.com/lanceromance
megajoe
gettin' sounds
http://www.papahjoe.com/Media/me1.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

"THIS RECORD MEASURES 12" IN DIAMETER"
YOUR KONG
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

Wow, what an idiot. Letting it go for $8?! They don't even MAKE records anymore!
MichaelAlan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

A friend of mine gave my wife this record for her birthday 2 years ago, along with Off The Wall. I have never listened to either of them.

Mike
wing
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

So rare, that it's found on every thrift store shelf where they put records.

I personally have it on vinyl myself. I like that album. But I don't know, I might sell it knowing I could get at least $8 for it. Dang!!!!!!!!!
A.L.
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

One time in high school I was listening to weird al's 'eat it' in the car with my mom and she got kind of offended because she thought it was about oral sex.

FYI.
Ivon
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

MichaelAlan wrote:
A friend of mine gave my wife this record for her birthday 2 years ago, along with Off The Wall. I have never listened to either of them.

Mike

Mike...I don't know what kind of stuff you listen to. I gathered from some of your posts that you're in a ?punk? band. Anyway, check out Off the Wall. Really. It's a classic. No joke. Great album.

EDIT: But yeah, that's a funny ad.

www.hurleywaldrip.com
ctmsound
george martin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

Fuck that shit, I have that album on 1/4" reel!
Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

ctmsound wrote:
Fuck that shit, I have that album on 1/4" reel!

No you don't!!! Really??!?!?!???

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

It's not even in good condition, check the marks on the left hand side.

$8 my aunt.

rigsbysmith.com
JGriffin
zen recordist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

A.L. wrote:
One time in high school I was listening to weird al's 'eat it' in the car with my mom and she got kind of offended because she thought it was about oral sex.

FYI.

Wait...what's it about then?

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/
Zeppelin4Life
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

LOL.

Yeah, between my parents and myself I have over 400 records..there scattered everywhere...yeah, good stuff

when shipping is at or above the selling price you know somethings wrong..
RadioReference.com Admin, Albany NY
MichaelAlan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

iwokojance wrote:

Mike...I don't know what kind of stuff you listen to. I gathered from some of your posts that you're in a ?punk? band. Anyway, check out Off the Wall. Really. It's a classic. No joke. Great album.

I don't know what kind of music YOU listen to but I have owned or own the following MIchael albums: (On CD or cassette) Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Blood on the Dancefloor and Invincible. My wife also has the Dangerous DVD, and 2 other Michael DVD's, "the Wiz" DVD and various recordings from the Jackson 5 years including, Ben, ABC, I'll Be There. What I meant up there was that I never listened to the vinyl. Michael Jackson has been a vocal influence since I was 5. I have tried harder than anyone to NOT believe all the kid touching stuff, but you just can't deny it anymore. And he looks like an alien. I listen to a Pre-Blood On the Dance Floor recording at least 3 times a week. The new record sucked badly.

I havn't been in a punk band since 1998.

Mike
Ivon
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

MichaelAlan wrote:
iwokojance wrote:

I don't know what kind of music YOU listen to but

Your panties must be on too tight. I didn't mean to offend. *ducks death ray of Michael Jacksonite and curls tail between legs*

MichaelAlan wrote:

I have owned or own the following MIchael albums: (On CD or cassette) Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Blood on the Dancefloor and Invincible. My wife also has the Dangerous DVD, and 2 other Michael DVD's, "the Wiz" DVD and various recordings from the Jackson 5 years including, Ben, ABC, I'll Be There. What I meant up there was that I never listened to the vinyl. Michael Jackson has been a vocal influence since I was 5. I have tried harder than anyone to NOT believe all the kid touching stuff, but you just can't deny it anymore. And he looks like an alien. I listen to a Pre-Blood On the Dance Floor recording at least 3 times a week. The new record sucked badly.

I havn't been in a punk band since 1998.

Mike

www.hurleywaldrip.com
Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: when ebay makes me chuckle Reply with quote

MICHAEL JACKSON RULES!!!! CAN'T WE ALL MAKE PEACE??????

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: