RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Remember the bad studio name thread? Here's mine (Salem, OR)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Studio Listings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan Ferris
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Remember the bad studio name thread? Here's mine (Salem, OR) Reply with quote

Happy Fun Time Recording! - Salem, OR

I've been lurking here for a while but haven't posted yet. Anyway... I did some on-location recording for a couple years (living the apartment life - couldn't track much there) until I bought a house last spring. Now I'm working on turning my basement into a very humble project studio:

www.HappyFunTimeRecording.com

Thanks!

-Ryan
Piotr
tinnitus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember the bad studio name thread? Here's mine (Salem, Reply with quote

Get ready for real happy fun times. Actually, get ready for a super huge pain in the ass! Unless, that is, you have some clients you actually enjoy working with.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a pill today!

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas
Ryan Ferris
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember the bad studio name thread? Here's mine (Salem, Reply with quote

Yeah, isn't it amazing how much faster the time goes by when you're enjoying the project? One band I've done had a single weekend session that felt like a couple hours. Then there's another band where a couple hours feels like an entire weekend.... and now it's tax time and that's tons of happy fun!
Piotr
tinnitus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember the bad studio name thread? Here's mine (Salem, Reply with quote

That's cool. How long have you lived in Salem?

Beware of starting ANY project without getting exact details on payments, prepayments, etc...audio or otherwise...

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas
Ryan Ferris
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Remember the bad studio name thread? Here's mine (Salem, Reply with quote

Since I was ten. I went to college in Corvallis and then tried to escape to Portland. But it was not to be.... I ended up getting a computer job with the state and stayed in Salem. It's not bad though.... I'm pretty used to it.

Thanks for the startup tips! So far I don't hand over any mixes (rough or otherwise) until their balance is paid in full. That seems to work so far!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Studio Listings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: