RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Everyone that can read Japanese
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassettefetish
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

Hitoko (Mrs. Warn Defever) designed this little tattoo for me... I just want to make sure that it says what i think it says before I have it etched over my spinal column.

Babaluma
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

one day my blues will cover the world?
wrenhunter
pushin' record

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

My wimple has hot spots you never seen American sound?
maz
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

all your base...

nevermind.
jamoo
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

if no one in vicinity understands it???
Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

pokemon eats sushie very good year?

http://www.myspace.com/lanceromance
cassettefetish
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

darkflame wrote:
one day my blues will cover the world?

Thank you. I was afraid it might say "I eat dead American babies" or something. Warn is tricky sometimes.

Babaluma
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

no worries dude. my wife is japanese and translated it, on the second look she said "ah, yes, should be `some day` and `earth` instead of 'one day` and `world`", so the translation into kanji/kana is perfect.

nice tattoo dude.

my only tattoo is a symbol based upon the kabbalistic tree of life.
wing
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

HAHA... When I read it, I was so confused, because I thought it said "One day my BRUCE will cover the world."

And I was like Bruce who? Bruce Willis? One day Bruce Willis will rule us all like we're robot slaves to him? In that case, sweet tattoo!

Then I saw Dr. Awesome McJapaneseinspeakin over there say it said "blues," and it all made sense. See, it was the fact it had used katakana (the alphabet typically used for foreign names/words) to say "BURUUSU"... Blues, IMO, would be more like "BURUUZU," which meant she may have written it slightly wrong. But then again, I am not Japanese, so I wouldn't go by what I say.

(I just looked it up online, and the writing for Bruce is also the same as you have written above; So my reading of it wasn't totally out of nowhere. Perhaps you might want to check if it shouldn't be BURUUZU like I had suggested?)
cassettefetish
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

oh my god

shut up, Wing. Shocked (Actually, thanks)

Bruce is the name of my man for the last year and a half, and our relationship is drawing to a close as we speak. Too bad he doesn't know yet.

AND I almost would have had his damn name tattooed on me forever!!

Wow.

Life is such an ironic bitch mistress.
Scodiddly
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

Call me a whatever, but...

If you don't understand it, DON'T FUCKING HAVE IT ENGRAVED ON YOUR SORRY ASS!

Shit, what's wrong with having it tattooed in English? Wouldn't it mean more if people could actually read it and be inspired by your elite taste in skin art?

Oh, and Japanese people won't be impressed, either - to them, tattoos are closely related to organized crime, and at best would still make you look dirty (in the "not clean" sense).
alissa
pushin' record

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

my mom had a conniption when she found out about my tattoo.

for the organized crime reason.
Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

cassettefetish wrote:
oh my god

shut up, Wing. Shocked (Actually, thanks)

Bruce is the name of my man for the last year and a half, and our relationship is drawing to a close as we speak. Too bad he doesn't know yet.

AND I almost would have had his damn name tattooed on me forever!!

Wow.

Life is such an ironic bitch mistress.

What about Bear???

http://www.myspace.com/lanceromance
cassettefetish
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

Scodiddly wrote:
Call me a whatever, but...

If you don't understand it, DON'T FUCKING HAVE IT ENGRAVED ON YOUR SORRY ASS!

Shit, what's wrong with having it tattooed in English? Wouldn't it mean more if people could actually read it and be inspired by your elite taste in skin art?

Oh, and Japanese people won't be impressed, either - to them, tattoos are closely related to organized crime, and at best would still make you look dirty (in the "not clean" sense).

Call me whatever, but... I thank you for opinion. I'm sure that someone, somewhere would want to hear it.

As for Bear... that relationship transcends the sex thing, you know? We have hot ANALTELEPATHYSEX all the time.
wing
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Everyone that can read Japanese Reply with quote

Scodiddly wrote:

Actually, that's typically the older generation of Japanese. It's becoming very common and popular in the youth generation for the same cool factor it has in America and elsewhere. It's gaining acceptance, and Japanese youth think nothing of it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: