RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Ludwig Drums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelAlan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

I bought a used Ludwig kit today. Let me know if they sound like $250 worth. I was very excited. Here is a recording I did to test them out. The cybals kinda suck but...I had a ton o' fun. Does it matter that this isn't in the MP3 section?....I don't care. And we already had someone complain about that...

http://www.istramusic.com/better-1.mp3
Kilroy
buyin' gear
http://board.spawn.com/forums/customavatars/avatar36951_2.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

Kinda of topic, but is that Better is one day?? Sounds a lot like it, especially the bridge. My worship band did a real cool version of that, we did it a little funky. Using F#m and C#m7 during the chorus instead of A2 and Bsus. Its weird hearing that song hear. Pretty cool.

Last edited by Kilroy on Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MichaelAlan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP....that's wierd that you recognized it! I lead worship for a youth group and this is my favorite song that we do. I plan on doing a better version tommorrow. *edit* To a metronome! just took another listen...and ewww.

I don't know if that's a Bsus, but it is some kinda B. I put almost all the songs we do in the key of E. I pretty much just play power chords with the b and e strings open...

Mike
Kilroy
buyin' gear
http://board.spawn.com/forums/customavatars/avatar36951_2.gif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

MichaelAlan wrote:
HOLY CRAP....that's wierd that you recognized it! I lead worship for a youth group and this is my favorite song that we do. I plan on doing a better version tommorrow. *edit* To a metronome! just took another listen...and ewww.

I don't know if that's a Bsus, but it is some kinda B. I put almost all the songs we do in the key of E. I pretty much just play power chords with the b and e strings open...

Mike

I play it the same way, i also lead worship for my youth group and play guitar in the worship band. I love playing in the key of E, the open b and e string sounds cool and kinda worshipful. It is a Bsus. The E is the fourth in the B chord...

Not to continue to be off topic, but where r u located? and i checked out your bands website are u guys christian orietned??

-chris
MichaelAlan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

I am in Southern California. We are a "Christian" band I...we are on Christian radio and in Christian magazines and the like...and We will be at GMA again this year..so yes...we are. But we mostly play clubs and some bars...We are all Christian guys...

Mike
wing
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

Bsus? What is that blasphemy? Everyone knows God's favorite chord is Gsus!

haha, sorry, it's been done, but I still like it.

It is a good worship song in all seriousness.

But regarding the drums... $250 is a great deal for any set, especially a ludwig. Is it classic? Then it especially is.

The snare drum sounds nice.

But when it all comes down to it-- I couldn't tell you whether a drum kit sounds good without sitting behind it, or at least hearing it in person, or at least hearing it on a record. An unmastered MP3 rough draft type thing of all things won't say much about the sound of the drums...
wing
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

Michael: have you ever heard of Eric Myers? He is an awesome worship songwriter. I highly suggest checking out his songs.
MichaelAlan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

wing wrote:
Michael: have you ever heard of Eric Myers? He is an awesome worship songwriter. I highly suggest checking out his songs.

No, but thank you, I will. I am becoming a David Crowder fan. I met him at GMA last year and he's a friggin wierdo, but Illuminate is a good record.

Mike
andrew embassy
george martin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

I gotta say- I hate suspended chords. With a passion. Love Jesus, hate those chords.
MichaelAlan
tinnitus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

Well..I'm not a talented guitar player and it's easy to play this way.
Zeppelin4Life
re-cappin' neve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ludwig Drums Reply with quote

Im not a fan of newer ludwig drumsets, but their snares are simply 'the' snare drums. Ludwig black beauties and supraphonics have been the standard for over 80 years. cant argue with that.
RadioReference.com Admin, Albany NY
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: