RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
MCI JH
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: MCI JH Reply with quote

Excellent!

I never though of that and I must have brushed by it in the manuel.

How's the Magnum?
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
ladewd
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: MCI JH Reply with quote

nacho,

No you can't swap JH16 and JH24 heads. That is unless the JH16 is actually a JH24 with 16 track heads. The repro heads are different and a JH16 repro head will not work in a JH24.

CA
ladewd
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: MCI JH Reply with quote

Quote:
Banshees scream, not hum. Ask any Irishman.

Ok, Ok, I'll correct my statement. It hums like a dynamo. ...or a worn out vibrator Very Happy

CA
ladewd
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: MCI JH Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there a way to have a track stay in input for the player to rehearse to the tape and not record? I did this all the time on my 3M but the JH24 switches to sync as soon as I hit play, whick is normal, but I'd like to over-ride it sometimes.

Try pressing both input and auto switches on the AL3. I may have the terminology mixed with the APR24, but the action is still the same. It will keep the rec-ready channel in input all the time.

Whoops, just noticed this was answered already.

CA
mcijh
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: MCI JH Reply with quote

Nacho: The JH16 and JH24 Repro heads are NOT interchangeable. If you use the JH16 heads on the JH24, DON'T connect the Repro Head. You'll have to mix off the Sync Head. Remove the four Allen Screws and just unplug the head connectors. The connectors are keyed and can't be plugged in upside down. Track 1-8 is towards the back of the machine, 17-24 is towards the front of the machine.

Drum: John is exactly right: Push the Input and Auto switches in at the same time. Any Ch. in Rec. ready will remain in Input.

Thanks, John, for the assist.

SS
mcijh
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: MCI JH Reply with quote

No more questions, then? Great. I'm going down to Daytona w/ Randy B. on Thurs. Morn, and won't be back till ...whenever. So All the MCI/Sony's are Tip Top, no Prob's. That's great, .....

See you in the Funny Papers, or TapeOpCon2k5 which-ever comes first.

SS
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: MCI JH Reply with quote

See you in New Orleans!
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: