RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Sampled foetus Heartbeat and tribute to D. Byrne

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flamin Lip
audio school

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Sampled foetus Heartbeat and tribute to D. Byrne Reply with quote

Hey folks! New to tape Op boards.long time reader/subscriber.

Here are a couple of tunes I did:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=4376&alid=1238

The top track was created by running a line out on a fetal doppler heart monitor while my wife was preggers w/ my little Cubbie. The swooshy heartbeat sound is the basis of the rythym. I added pedal steel and some other stuff for a sleepy caribean lullaby.

The second song was done in the genre of the True Stories SOUNDTRACK(not Album) anyone hep to this crazy tape? Anyway, I just wanted to do some loopy roller rink organ music w/ backward loops frekin in it.

Any advice to tighten it up greatly appreciated.

Most of it was done w/ a Tascam 788 and dumped to cool edit
djdrake13
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sampled foetus Heartbeat and tribute to D. Byrne Reply with quote

wow. I liked it a lot. Not something I'd listen to a lot, but its awesome how you made it over the heart beat. Its gotta be a touching song for your wife and son. I'm sure he'll love it when he gets older.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Music & MP3s All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: