RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atdunlap
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck... Reply with quote

PlusDeck

Has anyone seen this thing before? I haven't even read much about it but couldn't believe my eyes... Hmmm.... Interesting....

Andrew

Last edited by atdunlap on Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
psychicoctopus
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck... Reply with quote

I can't see it, it appears to be in Korean.
nacho459
re-cappin' neve
http://www.459audio.com/rebb.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck... Reply with quote

wow, that is frickin' brilliant! There probably gonna make a lot of money. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
neve1073
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck... Reply with quote

I'd rather use a good tape deck-->good a/d coverters (something, BTW, which I've been meaning to do for the last five years...back up all my cassette rough mixes etc).

regards,

jason
Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck... Reply with quote

I have no need for it (good Sony component deck here, decent A/D/A) but I love that it fits in a drive bay! Too, too cool.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.
housepig
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck... Reply with quote

first off, the link is messed up - should be PlusDeck.

I'd get one if I could find it for $20 or so - I have just enough cassettes that I haven't gotten around to digitizing through external methods. but they want something ridiculous like $150, at least last time I checked a price...

Housepig Records
free mp3's
RefD
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck... Reply with quote

part of me loves the idea of it, but it's probly way overpriced.

i usually just put my old silver Technics deck into a pair of inputs on my Layla24. Wink
swelle
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck... Reply with quote

It'd be a lot cooler if you could save MP3's to CASSETTE... that would be groundbreaking.
Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck... Reply with quote

swelle wrote:
It'd be a lot cooler if you could save MP3's to CASSETTE... that would be groundbreaking.

From the "The Americas" section of the site...:
"You can record all output sounds from your computer like MP3s or internet broadcasts onto cassette tapes. You can easily listen to recorded tapes on your portable cassette players, car stereo, home audios, etc. Listen to recorded internet streams in you car."

Yeah! Sign me up for a boatload of 64Mbps MP3s recorded onto a dime-store normal bias C120. Hee hee.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.
atdunlap
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Modern Computer Cassette Tape Deck... Reply with quote

I dunno, I thought it would have been freakin' sweet if they actually made these as a *drive*, I don't know how exactly they interface with the computer itself, but if they had built them as like an IDE drive that you could also store data on (like 600k, but hey...) I would probably snatch one just for the novelty.... Remember back when like Commodore64 and other computers actually stored programs this way (on consumer cassette tape)? It would take like a day and-a-half to load the cassette data into memory before the program could load....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: