RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
PreSonus EQ3B?? Parametric EQ's

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeglectedFred
pushin' record

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: PreSonus EQ3B?? Parametric EQ's Reply with quote

OK, while ISO an affordable parametric EQ, I ran accrossed a $99 solution. The PreSonus EQ3B. Anyone using this little box? I'm not expecting a Pultek, I just want 3 bands a parametric EQ.. I've got my eyes on the Ashley stereo 7 band, but if this PreSonus thing works, and operates quietly I think a pair might be what I'm looking for..

I have one of those little TubePre's of the same family.. It's a noisy little bugger.. Sometimes I use it on kick, but it really isn't good for many other applications. I never liked it on guitars, even when my only other option was a cheap mixer pre. (it was one of my first outboard pres).
Albert
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: PreSonus EQ3B?? Parametric EQ's Reply with quote

I don't know about the eq, but it is possible to get that TubePRE quiet. You have to split the gain between the "tube gain" and the regular gain. So dial up the tube gain to about 11 or 12, then add the rest of what you need from the other gain knob. I think you'll find it a lot quieter.
lichthaus-media
pushin' record

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: PreSonus EQ3B?? Parametric EQ's Reply with quote

The presonus is an ok EQ. It's quiet as long as you don't "go to extremes". It's not a musical EQ but there's a few mods out there for adding various qualities to the EQ.

An affordable and usable four-band eq is the audioarts stuff.

I use 4200s and 4100s (EQ/Preamps). The opamps are socketed so it's easy to "play" with the sound. The average price is around $60.00.

-james
tylerbcrawford
gettin' sounds

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: PreSonus EQ3B?? Parametric EQ's Reply with quote

http://www.blacklionaudio.com/eq3b.htm
NeglectedFred
pushin' record

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: PreSonus EQ3B?? Parametric EQ's Reply with quote

Thanks guys..

I freaking love this board!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: