RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
A typical flyer I have to design

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wing
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

I get this sort of content for flyers all the time. Why? Why can't people communicate even just a little better in written english? Stuff like this kind of design work makes me sad... but especially so that I always have to try to make "design" out of it.

He can help you call. And after that, feel free to call him Martin-A Certified Consultant, it won't offend him, because he has access to millions of dollars.

Last edited by wing on Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
djdrake13
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

WTF!?

Well look at the bright side, its not too jumbled up. It could have words and arrows, lines pointing all over... this goes here, that goes there.. oops scratch that I dont' want that, no changed my mind I do want it..

"I have access to hundreds of dollars!!"
JGriffin
zen recordist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

I have access to fifty-one dollars.

I just counted.

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/
wing
on a wing and a prayer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

djdrake13 wrote:
WTF!?

Well look at the bright side, its not too jumbled up. It could have words and arrows, lines pointing all over... this goes here, that goes there.. oops scratch that I dont' want that, no changed my mind I do want it..

"I have access to hundreds of dollars!!"

Well you'd at least think a millionaire could afford a decent ghost writer.

But actually, yeah, I do get a lot of stuff like that-- terrible handwriting, arrows and scratchouts everywhere, and then they yell at me when I don't understand.
Isolation
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

it's shit like this that made me give up graphic design...
DryCounty
buyin' a studio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

Me too, although it is certainly funnier than anything I ever had to design. It's so unreal I'm still laughing. At least it's entertaining.

It's also a good reason of why I don't like to deal with people creatively anymore.
Dry County Records Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty
kcrusher
tinnitus
http://www.bombastique.com/bucky.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

I like to think of it as 'job security'.
marqueemoon
carpal tunnel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

You should tell him to use that as-is. I'm sure he'll find lots of takers.
cassettefetish
steve albini likes it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

maybe he'd fund my record label.
I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

that would be hilarious as-is on some bus stop wall..
andrew embassy
george martin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: A typical flyer I have to design Reply with quote

I used to work for a weekly newspaper and we'd get stuff like this all the time (sometimes full pages of text for an 8th or even 16th page ad)! Oh man, this brings back memories. Also, we'd get stuff like this for hookers. "all you're fantases fulfilled..." I remember browsing through one very... voluptuous hooker's nude photo shoot with her looking for pictures to use in her ad (we photoshopped a banner/ribbon across her hoo ha's) with her 7 year old DAUGHTER in the room! I was like "uh, should she be... ...nevermind."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: Off-Topic / Off-Color / Off-the-Cuff All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: