RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Replacement Supraphonic snare wires... where can I get them?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlmd311
tinnitus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Replacement Supraphonic snare wires... where can I get them? Reply with quote

Hey guys,
sorry if you feel this doesn't belong here, it is music related however, and not too off topic.
Here is the situation. I just got a B/O Supraphonic snare and two of the snare wires are over-stretched and slightly bent. This causing the sound to flake out a little and have an annoying buzzing/tapping sound after the initial attack.
Where can I find some replacement Supraphonic snare wires? None of the local stores, or superstores around here carry them. I checked musicians friend, and sam ash's website, but none there either.
?
I know there are plenty of other choices, but I really dig the sound of the Supraphonics. If there is a set of snares out there that is very similar in sound, I will take your word for it, but I would really like the Ludwigs. Know of any stores I could call, or websites?
Please help!

-Darrill
fremitus
pushin' record

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement Supraphonic snare wires... where can I get t Reply with quote

Check these out and see if they are what you want. If you use this link i get a little affiliate kickback!. Thanks.

Ludwig L1232 20 Strand Snare Wires

or

Ludwig L1930 Snares
nlmd311
tinnitus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement Supraphonic snare wires... where can I get t Reply with quote

Hey fremitus,
thanks. Oddly enough I was just looking at that site (well, actually Music123.com). I don't think those are the same. I think the Supraphonic snares are 18 strand, and those are 20... Also don't know if there is a difference in the material, or gauge. ?
Does anyone have experience using these?
If I do get those, I will definitely link off what you posted.

thanks

-Darrill
fremitus
pushin' record

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement Supraphonic snare wires... where can I get t Reply with quote

for what it's worth, if you have a couple of 'loose' strands or strays, just clip them off. this will keep you rocking until you find a suitable replacement.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> 5/03-2/05: General Recording All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: