AKG D112, Sure Beta 52A, Sennheiser e602, RE-20, SM-7??

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Coco
re-cappin' neve

Post by Coco » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:36 pm

Derrick wrote: I would love a d12 for that reason, but they're hard to find and expensive right?
Not really. On ebay all the time and don't pay more than $300. make sure the middle plastic rib between the mesh screens is not broken. If it is pass on it because AKG does not make, stock, nor sell that piece. Older D12's had a centre piece made of brass which is better. My d12E has a plastic piece but I am always careful with it. If you go with the RE-20 at least you have a vocal and bass amp mic as well. Never tried my D12 on bass amp. Hmmmmmm.
I know enough to know that I don't know what I am doing.

Generals and Majors http://www.myspace.com/generalsandmajors

Derrick
re-cappin' neve

Post by Derrick » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:24 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:I got confused for second and checked the Sennheiser website. I forgot that there's an e602 and an e902. Since a lot of talk in this thread was about the e602, make sure you know which one you want before buying.
Arghhh, you're absolutely right. Sorry, I meant the e602 like Joel uses. I've gone back and edited where possible.

Coco, thanks for the info. The things that the Beatles did with the d12 makes me want one of those too... but this woldn't make a good "dedicated kick mike" so Looks like I need a d12 and either e602, re-20, or beta 52a! :?
Image Image

Derrick

We have a pool... and a pond. Pond's good for you though.