san diego

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

cornsound
pushin' record

san diego

Post by cornsound » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:13 pm

so I've lived here a little over a year and I'm starting to look for people to collaborate with.

I am fond of builds and releases, noise, weird sounds, grooves (not in the white boy-NUmetal-DJ-whatever sense), melody, drone, experiments, etc? first and foremost I?d like an accomplished guitarist who can bring something to the table, hopefully in a complementary style. I am a bassist but can play guitar, drums, keys fairly ok. I?d also be interested in a drummer/percussionist, keys/synth geek, horn players, but I?m open to other instruments/devices as well. in the past, I?ve usually worked out ideas and written in the studio and you should be comfortable and hopefully knowledgeable in such an environment. it?s a major plus if you have your own setup, be it a 4-track or whatever?bonus points for being laid back, no lame drug habits, have a day gig and you?re not worried about being a part of any ?scene?.

I?m not too concerned about playing out live (not against it either), but mainly this is for creative/artistic release and enjoyment of the process and the craft. I?m in my early 30s, have a solid career and do not have any rock stardom delusions, hopefully you don?t either. this would most likely be a casual weekend thing because my schedule can sometimes be grueling during the week. send me a message thru the tape op board if this sounds interesting to you.

tateeskew
steve albini likes it

Post by tateeskew » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:15 am

besides eating little children, drew is alright. look this guy up.

RobLogic
audio school graduate

Post by RobLogic » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:47 pm

oh yeah?

rydberg
pushin' record

San Diego...

Post by rydberg » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:33 pm

I can vouch for him, too. Just keepin' it real, dawg.

P.