RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Magazine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therethere
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

Spindrift wrote:
Quote:
anywhere in Canada, specifically Toronto, where I can find a copy of TapeOp?

You can get it at Carbon Computing in their Sound and Picture department. Queen St. east of Broadview. They usually stock back issues too.

ooh, thanks a lot!
Veej007
gimme a little kick & snare

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

Plan 9 on The Corner in Charlottesville, Virginia, right next to the UVA campus
syrupcore
deaf.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

Hey, Multonomah County Libraries do not carry it. I put in a suggestion and noted that it was free. Maybe they've picked it up. Tape Op's home town library should have it!
Gabe
audio school graduate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

Main Drag Music on South 1st and Wythe in Brooklyn usually has it sitting on the table in front of the couch. The guys there are really nice and will help you with anything, great little spot.
drewbass
buyin' gear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

the bay area is a recording town, anyone know where it might be found/bought? i've been missing my subscription.
thanks,
drew
japmn
suffering 'studio suck'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

Reckless Records in Chicago. I think at all 3 locations.
saint360
alignin' 24-trk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

Anyone know where to get it in Houston? I have missed the last two.
A.David.MacKinnon
mixes from purgatory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

Spindrift wrote:
Quote:
anywhere in Canada, specifically Toronto, where I can find a copy of TapeOp?

You can get it at Carbon Computing in their Sound and Picture department. Queen St. east of Broadview. They usually stock back issues too.

This is no longer true. If anyone knows where to get the magazine in Toronto I'd love to know.

http://adavidmackinnon.blogspot.com
http://adavidmackinnon.bandcamp.com
wenley
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: brooklyn Reply with quote

Does anyone know anyplace else in Brooklyn besides Main Drag that carries TapeOp? I'm missing the current issue due to forgetting to renew. Thanks!
BeepBeep
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: TapeOp in LA Reply with quote

I'm looking for a store that carries Tape Op in Los Angeles, anyone know of any? I used to get it at Tower, but well you know how that story ended.

Thanks
east3rdst
gettin' sounds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

Long and Mcquades use to have it in some locations, sometimes. it was sketchy though. I gave up. Dear god, what does it take to get the 3rd largest recording mag to Canada.
St. John
audio school

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

Shortly after recieving the current edition of Tape-Op, I wandered into Portland Music on MLK to pick up a batch of mic clips I'd ordered; they had a whole stack of the magazine right inside the front door... so I picked on up for my drummer.

(So, Portland Music on MLK in Portland, OR does seem to make it available... just get 'em before they're gone)
Meriphew
deaf.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

St. John wrote:
Portland Music had a whole stack of the magazine right inside the front door

Sounds like a cool music shop if they're supplying free copies of Tape Op.
wenley
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

I saw a copy of Tape Op (the recent issue with John Keane) at Universal News on 14th Street in Manhattan between Fifth and Sixth Avenue. Hadn't seen it in a store in years. Thought someone might like to know.
Meriphew
deaf.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Stores That Carry Tape Op Magazine? Reply with quote

I was in Tucson about a month ago, and noticed that Rainbow Guitars carried Tape Op mags.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Tape Op Magazine All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: