Too many forums...

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:04 am

This old board that had all the clutter and shit, that worked so poorly.. Where is it? must be a different one than the one i used to come to, which had plenty of useful information and none of the bad cop routine/ mom and dad talking down shit.
beware bee wear

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:24 am

trashy wrote:Garges sort of likes me, but that will only get you so far...
Who said I liked you?

CG

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:28 am

heylow wrote:Garges is a sucker for that shit. That and old white cargo vans...go figure.
You've obviously not been to my website or seen me in person.
heylow wrote:He's agood guy but get him listening to vintage Micheal Jackson when he's got a few in him and he's pretty much raring for an all out brawl. Add the pants and....well, you do the math...he's a strapping young lad. What're ya gunna do? Boys is gunna be boys.
Didn't James Brown do "Hot Pants?"

Vintage MJ rules.

CG

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:30 am

cgarges wrote:
trashy wrote:Garges sort of likes me, but that will only get you so far...
Who said I liked you?

CG
good point.

evan
buyin' gear

Post by evan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:32 am

Wow, the board is finally back. And I'm back. Hi.

My question is, where do we -- or can we? -- talk about music in general? I don't see anywhere where that's possible. Musicality and artistry are an important part of recording, right? Mostly I wanted to share a great free (legal!) place where you can get music.

Evan

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:34 am

evan wrote:Wow, the board is finally back. And I'm back. Hi.

My question is, where do we -- or can we? -- talk about music in general? I don't see anywhere where that's possible. Musicality and artistry are an important part of recording, right? Mostly I wanted to share a great free (legal!) place where you can get music.
talking about music now falls under the category of "silliness and namecalling" that contributes to the "clusterfuck".

Apparently.

heylow
george martin

Post by heylow » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:34 am

cgarges wrote:
heylow wrote:Garges is a sucker for that shit. That and old white cargo vans...go figure.
You've obviously not been to my website or seen me in person.
But I have....you DO realize the vans I speak of are of the vehicular persuation, right?

And yeah, JB did hot pants but the MJ ref was purely in a molestation sense. Denial will not make this shit go away.....embrace it. It's cool. :wink:

heylow

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:20 pm

evan wrote:My question is, where do we -- or can we? -- talk about music in general? I don't see anywhere where that's possible.
Critical Listening/Using Your Ears.

CG

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:21 pm

heylow wrote:But I have....you DO realize the vans I speak of are of the vehicular persuation, right?
Ah, sorry. You didn't mention wood paneling, so I thought you meant shoes.

CG

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:26 pm

cgarges wrote:
evan wrote:My question is, where do we -- or can we? -- talk about music in general? I don't see anywhere where that's possible.

CG
wouldn't we post samples there? what if we didn't have samples and instead wanted to talk about Verve reissues or something?

evan
buyin' gear

Post by evan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:26 pm

cgarges wrote:

CG
Ok, that works. I was just under the impression that it was more strictly oriented towards recording quality and technique, rather than artistic value.

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:44 pm

trashy wrote:wouldn't we post samples there? what if we didn't have samples and instead wanted to talk about Verve reissues or something?
No, that's Using Your Ears: Listen To My Stuff. Two different forums.

CG

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:48 pm

evan wrote:Ok, that works. I was just under the impression that it was more strictly oriented towards recording quality and technique, rather than artistic value.
I'm seeing it as more of a "discussion about music" thread--what you hear, how it affects you emotionally or whatever. I mean, technique is part of it. If you go there, you'll see that few people have already posted stuff about some albums they like. Unless Larry and Hillary give me a hard time about it, I'm not going to move or delete any threads involving a discussion along those type of lines. Post there. If it gets moved, you'll know where it should go. If it gets deleted, you did something extra silly.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:28 pm

cgarges wrote:
evan wrote:Ok, that works. I was just under the impression that it was more strictly oriented towards recording quality and technique, rather than artistic value.
I'm seeing it as more of a "discussion about music" thread--what you hear, how it affects you emotionally or whatever. I mean, technique is part of it. If you go there, you'll see that few people have already posted stuff about some albums they like. Unless Larry and Hillary give me a hard time about it, I'm not going to move or delete any threads involving a discussion along those type of lines. Post there. If it gets moved, you'll know where it should go. If it gets deleted, you did something extra silly.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
that clears things up a bit. I thought it was a "hey, listen to the new nickleback song" forum...

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:30 pm

trashy wrote:that clears things up a bit. I thought it was a "hey, listen to the new nickleback song" forum...
You could post that, too. Although I'd be tempted to delete it, just because it's Nickelback.

I'm kidding, by the way.

Or am I...

CG