RegisterRegister
FAQ  -  SEARCH  -  MEMBERS  -  FAVORITES  -  PROFILE
Buy/Sell/Trade TIPS - read before posting

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Buy/Sell/Trade TIPS - read before posting Reply with quote

labeling your subject:
to keep this forum easy to navigate through, please be sure to put either an "FS" ("for sale") or a "WTB" ("wanted to buy") or "T" ("trade") before each subject heading...
if you're only selling something locally only, feel free to add your city as well.
ex. FS: NYC: Shure SM57

editing your posts:
you are always able to edit your posts but if someone comments on your thread you will not be able to delete thread.

post responsibly:
we won't delete a thread if something sells. please either change the subject heading and include "SOLD" after the original subject heading (ex. FS: NYC: Shure SM57-SOLD), or, post a "sold" comment to the thread.

scammers:
be smart when buying/selling/trading - get as much info as you can about the person/s you are doing business with. the TOMB is in no way to be held responsible for any scam posts/users/etc.

happy & gay hillary

Last edited by TapeOpHillary on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
drumsound
zen recordist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Buy/Sell/Trade TIPS - read before posting Reply with quote

FA--For Auction is good too!
SARA QUAH PLEDGE PAGE
WWRTBD?
JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Buy/Sell/Trade TIPS - read before posting Reply with quote

can it be not allowed to have FA? I can use the search engine on ebay, and i'd rather only find out about buying gear from someone on this forum, not being invited to bid on their auction. kinda seems to defeat the purpose.

john

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/
Milkmansound
george martin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Buy/Sell/Trade TIPS - read before posting Reply with quote

in their defense though - when I list ebay items here I offer Tapeop-ers a discount if they win. Plus, people can easily be convinced to end their auctions.
Follow me on Facebook!
tubejay
pushin' record

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Buy/Sell/Trade TIPS - read before posting Reply with quote

I think FA is a very good thing. I'd much rather buy from someone I know on TapeOp who has a history on here, than from some stranger. If someone types FA at the head of their post is it really that much of a burden to simply not click on it? I've seen this debated countless times, and there are a lot of people who like the FA posts, and quite a few who don't. Either way, some of us find them valuable, so let's keep them, and you can just ignore them if you don't like them.

My 2cents
TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Buy/Sell/Trade TIPS - read before posting Reply with quote

oh sure, FA is cool of course
Seamonster
takin' a dinner break

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Buy/Sell/Trade TIPS - read before posting Reply with quote

Maybe a good idea to encourage sellers to include a geographical abbreviation in their title (e.g., PDX or OR), especially for local pick-up items. I'm sure it would be asking too much to be able to search/sort posts (in any forum) by geographical distance. But it would be handy to know when someone you're communicating with is actually close enough for a visit.

Hoagie
(Malibu, once Seattle)
ALPdigital
audio school

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: FS:Crown 712 tape recorder: NYC Reply with quote

1961 Crown tape recorder model 712 in good working order for sale in New York City. I have the book for it as well. Features 3 motor transport, 3 speeds: 15,71/2, 3 3/4). It has 3 speed equalization, patented differential magnetic braking, 10 1/2 inch reel capacity and more. Best offer. Shipping possible but a local sale is more realistic. Very Happy
IATSE Local 52 - audio mixer
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Tape Op Message Board Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: