Buy/Sell/Trade TIPS - read before posting

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Buy/Sell/Trade TIPS - read before posting

Post by TapeOpHillary » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:21 am

labeling your subject:
to keep this forum easy to navigate through, please be sure to put either an "FS" ("for sale") or a "WTB" ("wanted to buy") or "T" ("trade") before each subject heading...
if you're only selling something locally only, feel free to add your city as well.
ex. FS: NYC: Shure SM57

editing your posts:
you are always able to edit your posts but if someone comments on your thread you will not be able to delete thread.

post responsibly:
we won't delete a thread if something sells. please either change the subject heading and include "SOLD" after the original subject heading (ex. FS: NYC: Shure SM57-SOLD), or, post a "sold" comment to the thread.

scammers:
be smart when buying/selling/trading - get as much info as you can about the person/s you are doing business with. the TOMB is in no way to be held responsible for any scam posts/users/etc.

:mrpink: hillary
Last edited by TapeOpHillary on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:19 pm

FA--For Auction is good too!

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:55 am

can it be not allowed to have FA? I can use the search engine on ebay, and i'd rather only find out about buying gear from someone on this forum, not being invited to bid on their auction. kinda seems to defeat the purpose.

john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

Milkmansound
george martin

Post by Milkmansound » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:02 am

in their defense though - when I list ebay items here I offer Tapeop-ers a discount if they win. Plus, people can easily be convinced to end their auctions.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))
www.pedalsteelamp.com
www.milkmansound.com
Follow me on Facebook!

tubejay
pushin' record

Post by tubejay » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:25 am

I think FA is a very good thing. I'd much rather buy from someone I know on TapeOp who has a history on here, than from some stranger. If someone types FA at the head of their post is it really that much of a burden to simply not click on it? I've seen this debated countless times, and there are a lot of people who like the FA posts, and quite a few who don't. Either way, some of us find them valuable, so let's keep them, and you can just ignore them if you don't like them.

My 2cents

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:38 pm

oh sure, FA is cool of course

Seamonster
takin' a dinner break

Post by Seamonster » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:23 pm

Maybe a good idea to encourage sellers to include a geographical abbreviation in their title (e.g., PDX or OR), especially for local pick-up items. I'm sure it would be asking too much to be able to search/sort posts (in any forum) by geographical distance. But it would be handy to know when someone you're communicating with is actually close enough for a visit.

Hoagie
(Malibu, once Seattle)

ALPdigital
audio school

FS:Crown 712 tape recorder: NYC

Post by ALPdigital » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 am

1961 Crown tape recorder model 712 in good working order for sale in New York City. I have the book for it as well. Features 3 motor transport, 3 speeds: 15,71/2, 3 3/4). It has 3 speed equalization, patented differential magnetic braking, 10 1/2 inch reel capacity and more. Best offer. Shipping possible but a local sale is more realistic. :D
Alan Lebow DP
International Cinematographer Guild
Local 600 IATSE NYC - D.P.
IATSE Local 52 - audio mixer