2 problems....

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

2 problems....

Post by Girl Toes » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:29 am

1. Checking off "notify me when someone replies to my post" only works on posts that point. However, it still notifies me every time some one replies to a post I made BEFORE turning that feature off. That includes stickies which will be replied to forever and ever. Is their anyway to turn it off completely?

2. The latency between posts from one user is very long. I understand its purpose, but it takes FOREVER to edit a post that you imediately realize you made an error.

Please let us know if there is anything to hound the BB software makers about, such as the difference between edits and posts.

Hope all is well.
Lance

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Re: 2 problems....

Post by TapeOpHillary » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:29 am

Girl Toes wrote:1. Checking off "notify me when someone replies to my post" only works on posts that point. However, it still notifies me every time some one replies to a post I made BEFORE turning that feature off. That includes stickies which will be replied to forever and ever. Is their anyway to turn it off completely?

2. The latency between posts from one user is very long. I understand its purpose, but it takes FOREVER to edit a post that you imediately realize you made an error.

Please let us know if there is anything to hound the BB software makers about, such as the difference between edits and posts.

Hope all is well.
Lance
hey lance...i'm not exactly sure what you mean about the topic reply notification. posts that "point"? was that a typo? maybe you could not check that box and just check in with the threads instead?

and as far as the time between posting, i'm glad you understand why it's set for the length it's set for. it's really not that long. just double check your posts (use preview) instead of just submitting them right away ;)

:mrpink: hillary

blade70
audio school

Where?

Post by blade70 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:49 pm

Okay I get that but where is all of this going?

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:05 pm

All of what?
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com

JGriffin
zen recordist

Re: Where?

Post by JGriffin » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:45 pm

blade70 wrote:Okay I get that but where is all of this going?

well, we're past the hand-holding, next comes french kissing and heavy petting. In 6 months we'll move in together. Would you like to meet my parents?
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/