The Spam

comments or issues with this board

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

The Spam

Post by Mr. Dipity » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:44 pm

Was this TOMB sponsored, or caused by the inane execution of the announcement message?

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:11 pm

what do you mean? sponsored? no, tape op mag is paying for the hosting. inane execution of the announcement message? does not compute.

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:15 pm

TapeOpHillary wrote:what do you mean? sponsored? no, tape op mag is paying for the hosting. inane execution of the announcement message? does not compute.
The announcement message included everyone's email address in the body of the message. I just received a message from 'Front End Audio' to that email address, as did everyone I have asked about it, and presumably everyone on that list.

TapeOpHillary
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpHillary » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:27 pm

oh! sorry...no, that email was supposed to have everyone BCC'd! the board has a bug or something and we're trying to figure out why it happened!
phpbb explicitly says that their mass email function BCCs people and it used to but it seems to not work anymore! however it's not something we can test without having everyone emailed again!

i don't plan on ever using it again, but if i need to email everyone, rather just exporting everyone's addresses to my own mail program and doing it that way.

please email me the company that sent you the spam so i can contact them directly about the uncoolness of spamming everyone from that list.

again, i personally apologize for that nonsense!
:( hillary