studio insurance

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Meriphew
deaf.

Post by Meriphew » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:10 pm

klangtone wrote:I have Musicpro Insurance, http://www.musicproinsurance.com/ .
I have not had to file a claim... so who knows if it's any good.
But the cool thing is they have a variety of coverages you can get:

Instrument and Equipment
Studio Liability
Tour Liability
even Health and Life!

I don't know if Clarion does this, but for the instrument/equipment insurance you actually get to enter each individual item you own with serial number and description. You can access this info from the web and edit it at will. I think it's pretty reasonable. The yearly charge is something like 1% of the total value insured.

Also, your stuff is covered in your studio and on the road. And check this amazing quote from their website:

"We have had incidents where someone has packed up after a performance and found items missing; this would be covered. A performer packs all of his equipment in a van and forgets to close the door and the equipment fell out. Upon returning to retrieve the items, some of the equipment was damaged and some items were missing; this would be covered. Equipment damaged at a performance site by contractors erecting scaffolding; this would be covered. "

If it's true, it's pretty cool!

Roy
I used to use them. I dropped them due to how difficult it was to ever get any response from them on even the simplest of things. I was afraid of if I did have to file a claim, that I'd never hear from them again.

klangtone
pushin' record

Post by klangtone » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:31 pm

Meriphew wrote: I used to use them. I dropped them due to how difficult it was to ever get any response from them on even the simplest of things. I was afraid of if I did have to file a claim, that I'd never hear from them again.
You know what... you're kinda right.
I've noticed a similar slowness in response to basic questions.
And there was some confusion over whether or not I paid or not.
They seemed to be a bit better on the phone than through e-mail.