Powerbook G4 1.67 for sale.

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

fremitus
pushin' record

Powerbook G4 1.67 for sale.

Post by fremitus » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:48 am

I got a new 17" model and my 6 month old 15" is up for grabs, here's some specs and all:

Mac Powerbook G4 15" 1.67MHz
1gig Ram
8x Superdrive
80gig HD
(2) USB 2.0
Firewire and Firewire 800
Two Finger Scroll Pad
Sudden Sensor Disk Protection
Bluetooth

Totally slamming box. Mint condition and VERY well cared for. Still under warranty and ApplCare can still be purchased if you so desire. I just got a silly deal on the new one is all and I wanted the bigger screen.

As for applications. it's pretty loaded. Lots of graphics and web stuff, cuz that's how I can afford to keep the studio rolling.

Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, GoLive)
After Effects 6
Acrobat 6.0 Professional
Macromedia MX Suite (Version 8, full on with Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Contribute)
Director MX

iWork
Office 2004
Filemaker 7
Final Cut Pro HD

Peak 4.1
Live 3.0.4
Reason 2.5
Toast and Jam 6
Waves 4.0 Diamond Bundle

A bunch of other apps and stuff. Not to mention over 26 Gigs of music in iTunes.

I'm going to put it up on eBay on Tuesday, but if someone here want's it I will sell for $1900. PM me for more info or any other software you'd like to have on it ;)

pscottm
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by pscottm » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:38 pm

don't mean to be rude but just thought i'd point out that apple has refurbs of this exact machine (but w 512 RAM) for $1599 w full warranty. see apple store online, scroll down the page to the red tag.

did you get the new 17 w higher res screen? those new screens rock.

fremitus
pushin' record

Post by fremitus » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:59 pm

it's not rude. it's fine. but this isn't a refurb and it's got a ton of software. AND it's still under full warranty.

and yes, this is my first post on the board from the new 17" and it's just sick the amount of screen i have to work with. just gorgeous.

but anyways, for sure. if you can get the same computer for $1600 go buy it. they're kickass and the last in line before the processor change. this way you can get into a cpu that is tested and true and damned near bulletproof, as opposed to beta-testing the new intel M chips for apple.

cheers!

DryCounty
buyin' a studio

Post by DryCounty » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:59 am

Don't mean to be _further_ rude but the only reason I'd pay the additional amount is if the software were legal and the registration transferable...? Otherwise I'd sell it at street value and not even mention it.
"I would imagine that the inside of a bottle of cleaning fluid is fucking clean." -Hedberg
-----
Tulsa Drone
Dry County Records ? Richmond, Virginia
twitter: drycounty