Has anyone used one of these?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Has anyone used one of these?

Post by Shawn Simmons » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:10 pm

I just scored an Electro Harmonix Attack Decay pedal. I'd never even heard of this pedal until I bought it. I don't think mine is working all that well (which isn't a big deal since I got it for almost nothing). Anyone use one of these before?

shawn

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:51 pm

I have never even heard of it.

Crazy?!?

Is it any fun? What does it look like?

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:12 pm

I think that one was designed by Howard Davis in Brooklyn...he'll fix it for you. It's like a volume envelope type thing, right?

http://howard.davis2.home.att.net/home.htm

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Post by Shawn Simmons » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:10 pm

This is it here:

http://filters.muziq.be/model/eh/attackdecay

I don't know what it sounds like cause I think it's broken. I found it in a pile of pedals and got it cheap. I figured it was worth a shot to buy it and try to fix it.

shawn

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:13 pm

Oh YEAH!
I forgot about that thingy. I tracked and played in a band with a guitar player guy (that went on to make Schumann pedals, John Schumann) who had one of those jammies on his insanely convoluted/amazing/ crazy/ wrong/ awesome pedal board.

I couldnt ever see the whole name of the pedal, but I remember the poly chorus looking thingy. Totally does an insane reverse sounding thing. I imagine that it would be great for drum FX. Like a TON of overshoot...to give that reverse feeling. It just freaks out super hard at the attack then opens up... Whee!

I would rack it up with XLR.s and try and convince EVERY band you mix that they should have that sound on one part of their record until one finally lets you... ;)

Call it something tough after you rack it up so it is easier to convince them... like the "dynamic exploder" or something.....

Shawn Simmons
buyin' a studio

Post by Shawn Simmons » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:57 pm

That's geniusness Joel. Maybe use it in stereo with my level-loc. Grammy winning mixes - here I come.