Searchable Index?

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

SeventhCircle
gettin' sounds

Searchable Index?

Post by SeventhCircle » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:09 am

I'd really like to see a searchable index of the full contents of the magazine, the whole way back to issue #1, especially the CD and gear reviews. As if you didn't have enough to do already.

Brian Brock
buyin' a studio

Post by Brian Brock » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:23 pm

A searchable database of tape op gear reviews would be awesome - even an index. At one point, at around issue 35, I xeroxed about 20 or so issues' gear reviews, which was useful, but I never clipped and alphabetized them. It was interesting, though, to look at reviews for equivalent things side by side, like the Alesis, Tascam, Mackie and maybe Fostex 24 track recorders.

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:48 pm

It's been proposed but there's so much else to be done all the time. I do have a lot of the gear and articles in a word doc. I'll post it whe I update it next.
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com

tilputt
studio intern

Post by tilputt » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:39 am

For the record, I have often thought of and would love to be involved with making a Tape Op index. It would not be that difficult if we had a few people involved and developed some standards. Database and index related projects are my day job so if any one is keeping track of this kind of thing, pencil me in.