FS: Peavey VMP-2 Tube mic pre, EX SOLD

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

rocksteady
audio school graduate

FS: Peavey VMP-2 Tube mic pre, EX SOLD

Post by rocksteady » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:26 pm

It's in excellent condition, near mint -- never out of my smoke-free home studio. Everything works great, just selling it because I got another piece to replace it. For those who don't know, this is a real tube mic pre with real transformers, not a little solid state piece o' crap pre with a 12AX7 to add some distortion. Each channel has EQ that you can switch in and out, phantom power, -20 db pads, and low-cut switches.

The price is $725 which includes having it shipped to your door anywhere in the USA. Will sell to other countries but you will have to split shipping with me.

email playon@comast.net for more info.

Thanks for looking,

Al
Last edited by rocksteady on Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewAndImprov
re-cappin' neve

Post by NewAndImprov » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:40 pm

I can't afford this right now, but I borrow one from a friend's studio every time I have "serious" recording to do, and it's a rocking pre. Somebody pick this up.

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:46 am

I use one too and quite like it. What did you replace it with?

rocksteady
audio school graduate

Post by rocksteady » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:34 pm

I bought another one that had been reworked by Jim Williams at Audio Upgrades... it's killer. This one has been sold... I broke even - essentially got a free $500 upgrade, so I'm pretty happy. The modded one I got has a lot more top end "air" and sounds more open. Sweeeeet.

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:12 pm

Yeah, the top end is pretty closed, but I always assumed this was good for mix. Still, I do wonder what the thing would sound like hot-rodded. If you do all the tracks through it, though, it sounds like the song was recorded in the 70s in a small, dead room. I'm totally going to inquire about it.

Best,
--JES