x64 drivers?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Ethan Holdtrue
takin' a dinner break

x64 drivers?

Post by Ethan Holdtrue » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:40 pm

Apearently no one makes them, which kinda blows, but oh well...

Echo is expecting to have some for there products between Late Dec and Feb.

Motu Just started working on some, but dosent know when they will be available for there products.

Any one have any other news?

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:37 pm

I was looking at getting an athlon 64 laptop to eventually use a tascam US122 and later a FW1884, but now I am not so sure because Tascam hasn't gotten back to me compatibility with x64.
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Post by dynomike » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:38 pm

I've been looking for a while. It appears that no one really cares about them, except RME, who has released them for the fireface. Nothing else. If they had them for the hdsp 9652 i'd buy one.

Mike
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

antilog
george martin

Post by antilog » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:10 pm

Got this from M-Audio support, when I noticed some of their products have x64 drivers, but not the new ProjectMix, which looks somewhat comparable to the FW1884.
We have beta drivers available for Windows 64-bit for our Revolution, Delta and FireWire series devices. Though the ProjectMix is a brand new product and may not function at all with the beta 64bit firewire driver. You can download these by going to this webpage:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers

Select your Revolution/Delta card or FireWire device, select Windows 64-bit, and check the box that says 'Show Beta Drivers.'

We do not have 64-bit drivers available for our other devices at this time; however, we will be releasing additional 64-bit device drivers in the future according to market demand.
"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact." William S Burroughs