A Domestic View b/w The Rock Wife Wonders...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

alissa
pushin' record

Post by alissa » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:13 am

so guys like it when you put plastic in your...wait. what?
www.ivorylodge.net
Mistress of Creot
www.creotradio.net
or search for 'creot radio' podcast in itunes

joelpatterson
carpal tunnel

Post by joelpatterson » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:46 am

Maybe it's just me... ears are just intrinsically sexy, ya know? Whisper sweet nothings... tell me true... all like that.
Mountaintop Studios
~The Peak of Perfection~
Petersburgh NY 12138

mountaintop@taconic.net

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:23 pm

mjau wrote: I speak from experience. I had an engineer lose it in the studio once and just keep mumbling to himself "I used to play with Eddie and the Cruisers. I used to play with Eddie and the Cruisers. I used to..."etc, etc, etc.
Then he put up his salsa rock project, threw all the faders up, and sat there with a blank stare.
Seriously, this happened.
wow. i mean...just wow.

brian beattie
steve albini likes it

Post by brian beattie » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:24 pm

Mrs S.
you've brought up probably the most central of all personal issues with this "studio running" deal. I've been in the studio with engineers who had to leave sessions to deal with a nervous breakdown. I just made phone calls till I found someone who could keep the session going. I've sent the artist home because my cat died. Fuck it. I couldn't handle it any more. I am madly in love with my wife. She's a painter. Her father was a sculptor who suported a 5 kid family, so she understands intimately the uncertainty of skimming dough off of your dreams. There are lean times and fat times (if you're lucky...) I know my wife must remain happy since I intend to maintain my relationship with her. A sane person who wants to remain sane sets limits, and rethinks them, again and again.. I'm building a new studio. I'm going deep in debt. My wife believes in me. I've got 2 kids. She and I made good real estate investments 10 years ago, before we got married. Recently I sold the house I bought, and we're building our studios in the side yard of the house she bought.
We've been lucky. we love each other. When I jeapordize our relationship by going out on a limb, I know I've got to step back from my plans and give to her, or I'll ruin it all....
Fuck. All I can say is believe in love if you've got it, but let the logical person take charge of the finances.
Oh, and GOOD LUCK!!
brian