Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:51 pm

dokushoka wrote:
Rigsby wrote:
dokushoka wrote:
Rigsby wrote:
dokushoka wrote:
Rigsby wrote:The thing about these kind of discussions is that people often seem to miss that there are many many different kinds of recordists on this board which is bound to lead to a great deal of different views and stand-points.
And that coming out and calling different approaches "lame" or "BS" is really not the best way to encourage those differences. :?
Exactly, but neither is calling any technique 'outdated' if you still like using it and so does the client, whether you're both engineer and client or not.
Good point. I guess Joel is here to define what is "up to date" and "outdated" for us though.
Group hug?
:D

Hey. None of this hurts my feelings. I just cringe when I see people in a position of influence use that position to spread negativity. Someone should call it, so it may as well be me, huh?
Totally, doesn't hurt my feelings either, i just find it wierd to be honest that these discussions get so heated between people with completely different perspectives and experiences and that's not taken into account by either side. Glad i'm not alone.

*Clinks glasses with dokushoka and heads off for a bath ..alone i might add*
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

Red Rockets Glare
tinnitus

Post by Red Rockets Glare » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:04 pm

how about a group rusty-trombone?

Brian
resurrected

Post by Brian » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:19 pm

Rigsby wrote:
dokushoka wrote:
Rigsby wrote:
dokushoka wrote:
Rigsby wrote:
dokushoka wrote:
Rigsby wrote:The thing about these kind of discussions is that people often seem to miss that there are many many different kinds of recordists on this board which is bound to lead to a great deal of different views and stand-points.
And that coming out and calling different approaches "lame" or "BS" is really not the best way to encourage those differences. :?
Exactly, but neither is calling any technique 'outdated' if you still like using it and so does the client, whether you're both engineer and client or not.
Good point. I guess Joel is here to define what is "up to date" and "outdated" for us though.
Group hug?
:D

Hey. None of this hurts my feelings. I just cringe when I see people in a position of influence use that position to spread negativity. Someone should call it, so it may as well be me, huh?
Totally, doesn't hurt my feelings either, i just find it wierd to be honest that these discussions get so heated between people with completely different perspectives and experiences and that's not taken into account by either side. Glad i'm not alone.

*Clinks glasses with dokushoka and heads off for a bath ..alone i might add*
It was just an analogy that was improperly aimed at my genital, so, I parried with an adjective. The emotion caught him by surprise and reprisal was guaranteed. So, he did. I have seen the same lame result with a grammy winning engineer and a crap band who never recovered from paying two producer's fees. Just as sad.
Harumph!

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:26 pm

I think that it's both lame AND bs to accuse Joel of "spreading negativity".

Brian
resurrected

Post by Brian » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:35 pm

subatomic pieces wrote:I think that it's both lame AND bs to accuse Joel of "spreading negativity".
That would be lame if he did, but, he didn't, did he.
Harumph!

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:50 pm

dokushoka wrote:I just cringe when I see people in a position of influence use that position to spread negativity. Someone should call it, so it may as well be me, huh?

Brian
resurrected

Post by Brian » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:53 pm

subatomic pieces wrote:
dokushoka wrote:I just cringe when I see people in a position of influence use that position to spread negativity. Someone should call it, so it may as well be me, huh?
Oh, crap! He DID!
Harumph!