The Tannery Recording Studios - Milwaukee, WI

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

sonic documentation
gettin' sounds

The Tannery Recording Studios - Milwaukee, WI

Post by sonic documentation » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:44 am

New site. What do you guys think?
Danny Friedman
The Tannery Recording Studios
www.tannerystudio.com

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:11 am

The site looks good. Your photos a are little "arty" which us geels will like but clients might not be so excited about...

How's the Neotek treating you?

sonic documentation
gettin' sounds

Post by sonic documentation » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:02 am

Yea, I was worried that the pictures might not be exactly what was needed. They were kind of a spurr of the moment thing.

Tony -- The Neotek is doing well. It turns out that I caused a short while changing out channel strips which should have put the power supply into "current limit" mode, but my power supply's current limit feature was disfunctional, so the power supply stopped functioning.

I brought it down to Mike at Neotek, so after $650 and a week, I had my supply rebuilt and back in the studio.

When connected to the board, currnet limit immidiately turned on, so I knew there was a short somewhere in the board. After pulling out a few channels, I found the problem strip.

It's now removed an everythings working.

How's everything going at the Oxide Lounge?
Danny Friedman
The Tannery Recording Studios
www.tannerystudio.com

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:39 pm

Glad you're back running. Sounds like when I fried the solo on my Neotek.

Repeat it with me kids:

"Power down then remove modules!"

The Lounge has been rocking a lot lately. If I can make my next six months like November it might feel like a business again!

raw-tracks
takin' a dinner break

Post by raw-tracks » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:03 pm

drumsound wrote:
"Power down then remove modules!"
Depends on the console. On some, you can swap the modules while powered up. I used to work as a staff assistant in a busy Neve 8068 room. When we were in the thick of it, we would swap a module out while we waited for the tape to rewind. That was the only downtime in the session.

Ahhh, those old Neve consoles sound great, but wait a pain in the ass to maintain. It's a labor of love, I guess.
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills!
Mix Our Tracks in Your DAW!
www.Raw-Tracks.com

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:29 pm

I never knew that.

I made the mistake on my Neotek and I caught the side of the master module on channel 24 and fried the solo for the whole console.

Tape machines and hugh labor of love too. I've put so much into my first 2" machine that I can't bring myself to sell it even though I have another...