DO NOT BUY STEINBERG ANYTHING!!!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

John Jeffers
buyin' a studio

Re: DO NOT BUY STEINBERG ANYTHING!!!

Post by John Jeffers » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:42 am

Stephen wrote: My hardware is working fine. Steinberg treated me like shit. And to those of you with single digit IQ's who try to rationalize my being treated like shit by this company, I bought the software four years ago. I Paid $350.
It should work. I should be able to use it. It did work right up until it didn't. Their solution: "buy our upgrade." I already fucking bought what I wanted. I don't want their shitty upgrade.
Now basically the fault is in the disc and the company doesn't care about the fact that THEY have violated their own licensing agreement. Now maybe that's okay for you (you probably vote repubulihole as well) but for me that is being treated like garbage. I will never buy Steinberg anything (or Yamaha for that matter.) FUCK THEM IN THE ASS!
BTW: The only reason I deigning to responmd to your half-assed rationalisations is I want to bump this thread up so that anyone thinking of investing in software won't buy Steinberg.
SO DON"T BUY STEINBERG ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY DON"T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I'm convinced!

(FYI: if you want to be taken seriously, maybe get a handle on the crazy pissed-off ranting)

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:40 pm

man. call the whaaambulance.

stephen, try copying the disc to your hard drive and launching from there.

Poppatwang
gettin' sounds

Post by Poppatwang » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:56 pm

So if I'm Steinberg, how much server space is gobble up by an archive copy of
Wavelab 3? That would be diddly & squat. I grab a 10 cent CDR burn him a copy
& for the additional buck in postage I've purchased a truck load of good will.
It's called customer service and it ain't that hard.

Stephen
steve albini likes it

Post by Stephen » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:26 pm

Poppatwang wrote:So if I'm Steinberg, how much server space is gobble up by an archive copy of
Wavelab 3? That would be diddly & squat. I grab a 10 cent CDR burn him a copy & for the additional buck in postage I've purchased a truck load of good will.
It's called customer service and it ain't that hard.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Give that lad a whole boodleload of cigars.
Had they done just that (which would cost them next to nothing, hell I'd even pay for the postage) the name of this thread would read STEINBERG RULES!!!
Here's what angers me, the fact that I appear to be disposable as a customer. I have dealt with a lot of companies regarding service related issues. Some have been able to accomodate me and some have not. I understand the the mechanics of manufacturing and stock supply and so forth.
What has flown so thoroughly up my ass is a lack of integrity and courtesy on the part of Steinberg's customer service division. The fault really does appear to be entirely theirs.
Like another poster in this thread I too make my living with audio. And there ain't a whole lot of dough in the smaller markets right now. I have a ton of other things to pay for (studio rent, gear upkeep and repair etc.) I should not have to pay twice for something I already bought once. It is that simple. Now we can also focus in a little bit closer and ascribe the fault to their retarded security mechanism on their disc (which they now claim will not be present in their most recent upgrade, swell.) I must say that I become more fond of Sony's protective measure each day.
Oh, and for the folk who are unhappy with the ranting, GFY.
DON'T BUY STEINBERG ANYTHING, (IMHO) THEY SUCK DOGDICK!!!
Happy Holidays, Steve
Necessity is a mother....
http://instantdogma.net

b3groover
deaf.

Re: DO NOT BUY STEINBERG ANYTHING!!!

Post by b3groover » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:48 pm

John Jeffers wrote:
Stephen wrote: My hardware is working fine. Steinberg treated me like shit. And to those of you with single digit IQ's who try to rationalize my being treated like shit by this company, I bought the software four years ago. I Paid $350.
It should work. I should be able to use it. It did work right up until it didn't. Their solution: "buy our upgrade." I already fucking bought what I wanted. I don't want their shitty upgrade.
Now basically the fault is in the disc and the company doesn't care about the fact that THEY have violated their own licensing agreement. Now maybe that's okay for you (you probably vote repubulihole as well) but for me that is being treated like garbage. I will never buy Steinberg anything (or Yamaha for that matter.) FUCK THEM IN THE ASS!
BTW: The only reason I deigning to responmd to your half-assed rationalisations is I want to bump this thread up so that anyone thinking of investing in software won't buy Steinberg.
SO DON"T BUY STEINBERG ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY DON"T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I'm convinced!
:lol:

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:00 am

this thread needs more all caps and exclamation points.

stephen, while i go fuck myself why don't you try my suggestion.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:22 am

For what it's worth, I recently had this problem with the OEM CD burning program on my year&half-old HP computer not working after an MS update.

When I emailed support their message was to the effect of "what do you expect of OEM?" and "contact HP" who of course say contact Sonic.

Well, I bought the computer in part because it had a fast CD burner with software included...

After a lot of bitching they did finally give me a beta which partially functioned.

Last week I bought a new burner with Nero.

I'll probably not buy HP again because of this, and definitely not Sonic, both of which I was happy with before the problem.

Yes, it's a computer and not a car, but a little support and service is cheaper than losing a buyer.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

linus
re-cappin' neve

Post by linus » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:12 pm

Getting bent out of shape over a piece of softward that is 7 or 8 years old is just not worth the effort.

My time is pretty valuable and it is cheaper to just buy an upgrade than spending hours ranting and raving, googling support numbers, and writing screaming ALL CAPS posts.

I had a similar experience with Gigasampler where a previous version crapped out and when I went to reinstall I couldn't find the key code anywhere. I searched for a few minutes for the support e-mail, sent off a message and a few days later just bought a newer version on sale for $99. I ended up getting a couple new instruments packaged with it and saved myself a huge headache and a whole lot of drama.

You want to stand by your principles? Fine. I like my Nuendo, Cubase, and the instruments (groove agent is GREAT!) but don't expect me to join in. I'm a bit more practical.