help me stay in nashville, i need work!

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

djgout
suffering 'studio suck'

help me stay in nashville, i need work!

Post by djgout » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:39 pm

okay so this post really sucks. I moved to nashville in September and have been having a terrible time finding any type of work at all.
I've been interning with the technician at Primal Gear and have about 2 years as a staff engineer and tech at a studio in Boston. Primal Gear has been awesome and helped me out with some smaller paying jobs, but I'm pretty much broke. I have a degree in recording from Berklee and lots of studio experience. I also worked for an audio installation company in Northern Virginia while in highschool.
If anyone needs any wiring jobs, general maintainence (yes, I know how to use a toilet brush),assisting, wood refinishing, data entry, or pretty much anything please let me know.

thanks very much
justin
justin herlocker
grindengineering (at) gmail (dot) com

cornsound
pushin' record

Post by cornsound » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:54 pm

look up my buddy formzero (username), he needs help getting his studio up and rolling and he's good people.

Phalaris
ass engineer

Post by Phalaris » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:28 pm

Whats up, Nashville in the house!!? I'm in nashville and am getting my studio going. It is a great house type space on the east side. I'm allways looking for gigs and people to record. I'll also cut deals with outside engineers. Some people that I've worked with or am working with: Ghostfinger, Spiritual Family Reunion, Velcro Stars, Black Diamond Heavies, The Spinto Band, Swan Dive, The Living Things. I've also done live backstage studios at Bonnaroo 2005, Vegoose 2005, and other live recordings for broadcast. The Festival stuff included too many people to list.

On top of that I'm trying starting my own buisness in tech services. It's tough, I'm just now trying to wing it freelance style.

Feel free to email me.

Jesse Newport
phalaris@gmail.com