Behringer Truth B2031 - radio interference?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

rpc9943
audio school

Behringer Truth B2031 - radio interference?

Post by rpc9943 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:33 am

Hey,

Don't laugh but I use behringer truths as my little bedroom studio's near field monitors. Okay so they suck to everyone, but its how you know your monitors right?

anyways the point in matter is this. I turn my monitors on and i am picking up a local radiostation. Sure, it's at whisper level, but it can get pretty grating. I've just about heard "Crazy Train" enough to by mistake write a song with the same melody. It's awful.

I tried unplugging the cords and im still getting interference so it's not my cables. My power is grounded, so I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Can someone help me figure this out? I don't want to have to send my monitors in because i have a little business running out of here and have zero time to cart these things away, I already did it once to fix a broken tweeter.

Thanks

RonC

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:47 am

I used Behringer monitors for three years - they're not bad considering the pricetag, so no apologies needed!
Radio interference seems to be a big problem with them (though I never experienced it). Check out the reviews of them on harmony_central.com and see the solutions other users found.