Help! Suggestions on software/audio interface for Mac G3

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

voxtimmay
audio school

Help! Suggestions on software/audio interface for Mac G3

Post by voxtimmay » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:53 am

I need some suggestions. My girlfriend has a Powerbook G3 that is not being used. I want to install some software and get an audio interface so that I can record / work on ideas when I'm not able to be at my recording studio. Keep in mind that its not running OS X. Basically, I need some suggestions on software, as well as an audio interface. As far as the audio interface goes, it can either have pre's on it or not, as I have a spare pre I can take to the location where the laptop will be. Audio interface should preferrably have xlr, but if not, 1/4 inch will also work. My spending range is between $150 and $200 ballpark. If it spilled a little over $200, so be it, but not more than $300. Some things I've looked into were: GarageBand, Fast Track Studio. For audio interfaces, the m-audio mobile pre was one thing I found....<br>
Help me out here people, I'm not a Mac guy and could really use some suggestions soon because I want to get this stuff installed and up and running by next week....
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

fremitus
pushin' record

Post by fremitus » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:23 pm

i can help you with software. i have some discs for OS9 that i don't use for peak 2.6 i think it is. peak rules for two track editing. i probably have some digitasl performer discs around too. interface wise, i have a tascam us-122 that i use here and there. simple USB jobby. they're cheap and sound fine for quick and dirty portable action. as often as anything i'll just plug into the 1/8" jack though and let it fly. ghetto? yes, pro? no.