Pro Tools help... Hardware connection problem

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

CraigM
pluggin' in mics

Pro Tools help... Hardware connection problem

Post by CraigM » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:49 pm

Installed PT 6.9 on G4. Went fine. The problem is when I click on the PT icon I get a message saying "Unable to locate Digidesign Hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click ok when the hardware is ready." I have my Mbox plugged into the #2 USB port on my Mac and the Mbox is lit up. I've unplugged/plugged it in the port a dozen times. May be helpful to note that when I click on the Digidesign CoreAudio Management icon the box that pops up reads 'Digidesign HW:Unsupported Device, Status:Not Connected(Hardware not found). Do I need to change some settings somehow so my Mac knows I have the Mbox plugged in? If anyone can help me through any kind of steps or troubleshooting tips that would be awesome. I'm about ready to give up :x

bonehead
audio school

Post by bonehead » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:23 am

have you posted this on the DUC?

thearnicasync
buyin' gear

Post by thearnicasync » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:11 am

I get this with the oo2r. I'm assuming you have, but did you try simply turning the mbox off/on while connected, after getting the error message?

kb

CraigM
pluggin' in mics

Post by CraigM » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:00 pm

Yeah I've plugged and unplugged while pressing the OK button but no luck. I have a friend coming to check it out Friday maybe but if anyone has any help I would still appreciate it. Sorry if I sound dumb but what is the DUC? Message board I assume? Digidesign something something :roll:

Al_Huero
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Al_Huero » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:25 pm

Yeah, digidesign user conference--you can access it off the digi website.

CraigM
pluggin' in mics

Post by CraigM » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:22 pm

Thanks everyone. Between the DUC and my buddy I should be able to figure this out.