This Heat: remastered and boxed!

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

evan
buyin' gear

This Heat: remastered and boxed!

Post by evan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:33 pm

RERMegaCorp is reissuing remasters of all of This Heat's official releases, as well as various remastered, unreleased tracks in a gigantic box set. This great post-punk band is been out-of-print for far too long, I'm so glad to see this finally happening! I've heard a few tracks of what I think is the remaster of 'Deceit', and it sounds phenomenal. It'll be my Christmas gift to myself, definitely.

centurymantra
buyin' a studio

Post by centurymantra » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:16 pm

This Heat put out some great music. I'll have to confess that I didn't fully warm up to them until I heard their live BBC sessions CD, which is truly excellent and put a new spin on their music (for me anyway). Check that one out if you haven't already.

horacesqueeze
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by horacesqueeze » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:36 pm

This is AWESOME as their records (well, at least Deciet), seem to drift in and out of print with no reason what so ever.

Thanks for the great news!
3 Things to remember : Bones Heal, chicks dig scars and America has the best doctor to daredevil ratio in the world!

cornsound
pushin' record

Post by cornsound » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:38 pm

nice.

been waiting years for this stuff to get reprinted :D