logic question

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

logic question

Post by I'm Painting Again » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:03 am

Logic pro 7.1

one..in one of my projects and when i trash preferences and open a new project I can't get more than 20 audio tracks..I've hit the 20 mark for the first time so I never had to deal with this before..its set to 48 in the hardware/driver settings but everytime i add one after 20 it puts in an aux track or a buss insteadof an audio track..what am I doing wrong cuz know it can do more than 20, no?

chacabuco
audio school

Post by chacabuco » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:58 am

Im sure there is a better way of doing this, but instead of choosing the create track with next instrument option, choose the create multiple tracks and add in as many tracks as you need

blacklisted
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by blacklisted » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:51 pm

yah it really helps if you go in and make a hot-key for 'create multiple tracks'... i just use that option even if im only creating one track... thank god for shortcuts

UXB
steve albini likes it

Post by UXB » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:27 am

This is one of the strengths/weaknesses in Logic, depending on your perspective (and depending on the problem).
My guess is that you need to create more audio tracks (objects) in the audio environment window. The environment acts as a resource pool which you draw from, so if the track does not exist there, it can't be called up in the arrange window.

If you're not comfortable doing this from the environment, you can specify these things in the initial configuration-though my memory is fuzzy on how to get back to that. PM me and we can walk through any probs you may have via telephone.

Best,
H

hogfish
steve albini likes it

Post by hogfish » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:15 am

You can run the setup assistant,which will setup your initial configuration, and it should clear up your problems.Setup assistant is located in the Large toolbar>LogicPro>Preferences>Run Setup Assistant.It will ask if you want to shut down Logic,and then procede with redoing your autoload setup.If you want to do it from the environment,by just adding audio traks,hit 7 on the keypad,go to the sidebar on the leftside of the environment and click on the little window that says "click and ports" till you access the audio layer of the environment.Go up to the small toolbar(the one inside Logic's environment window)and click new.Slide all the way to the bottom of the menu and select audio object. The object will appear as a picture of an audio wave,you then should Option click on the object and it will turn into a blank audio object.Then go to where it says channel on the left,and it will give all of the different options as far as audio is concerned.Click on the appropriate trak# and there you go.This is definitely the long way of doing it,Im sure there are shortcuts.Good luck Wit it

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:58 pm

Thanks so much all the info it was really helpful..