Pro tools bug, 85 byte token??

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

_Daryl_
pluggin' in mics

Pro tools bug, 85 byte token??

Post by _Daryl_ » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:24 am

ok, I am getting an error in pro tools, (PT 6.9.2/digi 002/mac powerbook G4) saying there aren't enough 85 byte tokens. (i could of worded it wrong here, but that is the basic jist of the error) I went to DUC Answerbase, and actually found out what to do, although the fix was from '04 and it was 82 byte tokens instead of 85. well, it seemed to work, however, the only time i get the error is while trying to authorize my Amplitude Le software that came my digi002 set up...you know, the normal included stuff... i haven't received the error on any other plug ins/software, at least not yet...is there a bug or somethin', that this error only occurs while authorizing the Amplitude Le software? It's late, so I could very easily be overlooking something, but, being that I TRUST the input here at Tomb, and it's so much quicker that anyone else, I'll ask for help.

also, even when this is fixed, what in the digital world are Byte Tokens, and what am I increasing?

thanks in advance for all opinions, and I still love my %^%&#% computer!
"cut the shit, and boost the gain"

_Daryl_
pluggin' in mics

Post by _Daryl_ » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:02 am

hmmmm, nobody here has had this problem huh? i know it exists, other that it happening to me, it was a listed "fix" on digi's answerbase, but an older fix and the fix isn't entirely a "fix"...the funny thing is it's only specific to certain functions....dunno, maybe i'm being told in 1' and 0's that the amplitude software wasn't meant to be....at least for now...

jmiller
steve albini likes it

Post by jmiller » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:02 pm

I've never heard of that error. I know a lot of people like to slag on the DUC, but it can occasionally have some useful insight. There are actually a few pretty brilliant guys there, once you can sort through all the "I WANNA MAKE PHAT BEATZ SHOUDL I GIT WIF PRO TOOLZ OR LOJICS?!1!" posts (mostly in the general discussion forum).

_Daryl_
pluggin' in mics

Post by _Daryl_ » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:31 pm

jmiller wrote:I've never heard of that error. I know a lot of people like to slag on the DUC, but it can occasionally have some useful insight. There are actually a few pretty brilliant guys there, once you can sort through all the "I WANNA MAKE PHAT BEATZ SHOUDL I GIT WIF PRO TOOLZ OR LOJICS?!1!" posts (mostly in the general discussion forum).

:lol: what yo, phat beetz aren't what we're about!! :wink:

yeah, i can't find much on it, and it's only specific to certain functions...i think with control sufaces...