two new songs, open for beta testing.

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

soundsubs
studio intern

two new songs, open for beta testing.

Post by soundsubs » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:23 am

Here are two completely different songs im working on long-distance style with a friend in brooklyn. this project is the perfect smash of analog synthesizers, real vocals, rock songs done remix style and microscopic digital editing, and plenty of distortion. we have about 15 songs complete, but as of yet, no name.

I value all comments positive or negative, regarding songs/songwriting, engineering/mixing, or anything else that needs to be said. tapeop and this amazing forum have taught me many invaluable lessons. listening to peoples songs here is a good place to see how others apply what they learn.
i thought that its about time to get these into some ears for criticism and feedback.
any comments welcome.

ftp://www.onetongun.com/shane/mp3/what_if_im_wrong.mp3

ftp://www.onetongun.com/shane/mp3/erupt8b.mp3

if prompted, you can login: soundsubs, pw: violator

thanks and happy holidays/christmas/festivus/days off

tonyoci
studio intern

Post by tonyoci » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:30 pm

I really like the vibe and the general tune. Not so keen on the distorted vocals on the first one but it's still really good.

Please send me an email (don't post here) if you'd be interested in letting me play it on my show.

Thanks

Tony