Looking for internship suggestions in/around Philly area

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

matt250321
pluggin' in mics

Looking for internship suggestions in/around Philly area

Post by matt250321 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:09 pm

Hello All,

This summer I need to get an internship in the audio industry. I have been looking around online for some possible studios to contact once I get my act together with a resume and demo CD and such. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for studios to look at.

I guess I am looking for a mid level studio. Not too big, not too small. My thinking behind that it is if I go for one of the big name ones I will of course be around some big name projects, but probably not be doing too much other than fetching coffee and sweeping (which I have no problem at all doing) while competing with 5 other interns. On the other hand, if I go for a small project studio, I might get tons of hands on training and experience, but I will most likely make very few important contacts.

Have any of you guys and gals had any amazing internships in the philly area that got you experience and or contacts and or a job down the road? Any suggestions for me? This is for school credit (Lebanon Valley College) so it needs to be a minimum of 12 hours a week.

I am also open to the idea of interning outside of philly. If a good oppurtunity was available in New York or somewhere else, I'd suck it up and get an apartment. I just figure it will be cheapest to commute from home into the city (I live in Media, PA... about 30 min south).

Some studios I was looking at:
Indre Studios (Philly)
Milkboy Recording (Ardmore)
Big Sky Audio (Springfield)
Turtle Studios (Philly)
Slap Studios (Philly)

Any horror stories? I appreciate any and all help! Thanks for taking the time.
"We are emotional salesmen" -Shelly Yakus

matt250321
pluggin' in mics

Post by matt250321 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:49 pm

any ideas, suggestions, or advice? It would be greatly appreciated.

matt250321
pluggin' in mics

Post by matt250321 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:18 pm

Come on, there has to be some Philly people who have been to a local studio before...