Brozman

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

theBlubberRanch
takin' a dinner break

Brozman

Post by theBlubberRanch » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:22 pm

I saw this over on another message board and thought some of you might enjoy it.
It's French music TV show featuring Bob Brozman.

http://oc-tv.net/bob-brozman.htm

Bob has an interesting take on music in today's world as well as the connection between feelings and music.

hammertime
re-cappin' neve

Post by hammertime » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:08 pm

I've been listening to him for a while -- probably my favorite roots guitarist out there. I even bought 5 or 6 of his guitar videos (which I highly recommend). He plays some Roy Smeck songs, and I like his Robert Johnson covers better than Eric Crapton's (ha ha). He played guitar in R. Crumbs Cheap Suit Serenaders, as well. Some of that world-beat David Grisman mumbo-jumbo gets a little old, but you can't please everybody.

theBlubberRanch
takin' a dinner break

Post by theBlubberRanch » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:04 pm

If you know who he is, then you should watch this show.
It's some of him playing but mostly it's him talking about what music means to him, the differences between genres of music, and how corporations have ruined the world.
I think Bill Hicks would love a couple of his comments.

hammertime
re-cappin' neve

Post by hammertime » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:05 am

I'll watch it, thanks. On his website, www.bobbrozman.com, there's a really interesting NPR interview, which you guys should also check out.
theBlubberRanch wrote:If you know who he is, then you should watch this show.
It's some of him playing but mostly it's him talking about what music means to him, the differences between genres of music, and how corporations have ruined the world.
I think Bill Hicks would love a couple of his comments.