illicitizen (myspace)

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

ClownMonkey
pluggin' in mics

illicitizen (myspace)

Post by ClownMonkey » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:24 am

Sorry I don't have my own server for you to d/load this from.
These are links to download mp3s on myspace.
http://myspace.com/illicitizen

detached
Detached is a song I did for a comp I put out of SouthEastern Artists called Communists Are Just Part Time Workers. It's the only one of these w/ a real drummer (Jimmy Poplin).

ambient101
ambient101 is a track of oddities I did using some programs that convert bitmap images into waves. I added some random words from that days newspaper, wonky synthesizer parts, and acid loops for drums (although not necessarily in that order).

0025 is another set of acid looped drums, with some one-off guitar, synth, and bass noodling by me. I didn't really have a proper way to monitor the drum tracks. Because I did them on my laptop, I had to burn the acid drums to two tracks of stereo, and then import them to my hard disk recorder. It was afterwards I realized how much craziness the gate on the drums was causing. Oh well it was fun.

verb
verb is the first song I discovered I could do acid loops on my laptop. Meh, it's got more noodles than a can of spaghetti-o's.

Kookie-ness!
all recorded on a Yamaha aw2816 recorder.
:roll: