Harmony guitars from Korea

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

creature.of.habit
buyin' a studio

Post by creature.of.habit » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:31 pm

full sized hollow bodies are much ticker and "deep" than semi-hollow bodied archtops, wich i bet is what you have ;) rockets are semi.hollow if i recall correctly..

think of a dreadnought...a full sized hollow body will be almost as deep as one...a semi-hollow body will be slightly/considerably but not much more ticker than your strat.

semi-hollows have a block of wood, they're not fully hollow like for instance a dreadnought...this block of wood lets it handle gain much better than full hollows...you can probably distort ok and not have severe feedback problems with you rocket while using some gain, while the same move with an hollow body would be very different and pretty difficult without some bad feedback...but with that said, that aint half of the problem ppl make it out to be, unless you're playing live. i really like gain through an hollow body, and i like to take advantage of the feedback..it is hard though, and takes a bit of training!

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:02 am

I noticed one of the things I really love about this guitar is I can get it to feedback all crazy..I really think its fun and sounds cool..I've been trying to get feed back on my other guitars but couldn't really..I can pretend I'm Thurston Moore now..Its really great..I put on my sunglasses and just turn the amp up real loud and rock out till I get all tired and out of breath and dizzy..

nlmd311
tinnitus

Post by nlmd311 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:19 am

beard_of_bees wrote:...
it was the only one there..I can ask the owner of the shop how to get another..maybe he would tell me..
I smell a group buy! :twisted: :lol:

-Darrill
slowly panning across something kind of crappy...

creature.of.habit
buyin' a studio

Post by creature.of.habit » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:54 am

beard_of_bees wrote:I noticed one of the things I really love about this guitar is I can get it to feedback all crazy..I really think its fun and sounds cool..I've been trying to get feed back on my other guitars but couldn't really..I can pretend I'm Thurston Moore now..Its really great..I put on my sunglasses and just turn the amp up real loud and rock out till I get all tired and out of breath and dizzy..
Geoff, i know all about that ;) get a looper, believe me, twice as fun! and a rat2 if you wanna feel even more like thurston ;) lol hell, if you wanna sound like him you dont even need the guitar..just get the rat2 lol