r0ck1r0ck2
re-cappin' neve

Post by r0ck1r0ck2 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:52 pm

My DP/4+ has some useful delays...

but that MXR analog Delay is really bad....meaning BAD

digital eagle audio
pushin' record

Post by digital eagle audio » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:13 am

i effing LOVE the effectrons! my studio has the whole set, and they get used all the damn time.
but uh, we also have an ursa major space station, and i actually prefer that. the sounds it gets are spectacular. i've literally used it on every session i've ever done (granted, i'm a rookie, so that isn't much). but yeah, the space station is really really cool.

saultime
pushin' record

Post by saultime » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:57 pm

Korg SDD series for sure. I've owned them all; I still have an SDD3000 and a SDD2000. There's very little difference. 2000's come up on the bay all the time for a reasonable price (100-200). The only problem is that the caps on the power supply will likely need replaced if it's too noisy. But that's not hard, even for a novice.
When is the Douchebag Rapture?

Meriphew
deaf.

Post by Meriphew » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:35 pm

I have two Roland SDE-1000's, an Electrix Mo-Fx (great for midi or tap sync'd analog delay), and my new toy - the Diamond Memory Lane in custom pink... Mmmmm... oscillation.

digital eagle audio
pushin' record

Post by digital eagle audio » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:48 pm

holy crap that thing looks sweet

Meriphew
deaf.

Post by Meriphew » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:20 pm

It's totally kung fu. I bought it mainly for my guitar, but I might end up using it for some tricked out vocal effects.

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Re: Vortex question

Post by apropos of nothing » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:45 pm

Paul Fury 161 wrote:Hi all, sorry to temporarily hijack this thread...
I too have a vortex, and I have a questionfor any other vortex owners - how do you totally get rid of the dry signal?I'm pretty sure thateven withthewetdrymix parameterset totallyto dry, it still has a bit of the straight sound - makes everything phasey when used on an aux. Notsure if i'm missing something obvious, had this thing for ages, was myfirst digital delayI could tap tempo on, stillthinkthe way it's implemented is the shizz, especiallywiththe morph ab thing.

Anybody?!
Hmmm. I usually crank not only wet/dry up to all-wet (64? Arbitrary numbers -- bah!), but also crank up the delay effects level (often) and/or mod-effects level (more rarely). I haven't had a problem when using it off an aux, but I'll goof with it when I get home and see if I have anything to tell you tomorrow.

saultime
pushin' record

Post by saultime » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:55 pm

I heard Buddy Miller playing through a Diamond Memory Lane with Emmylou the other day, and he was getting some of the most lucious modulation sounds I've ever heard. Specfuckingtacular.
When is the Douchebag Rapture?

KennyLusk
dead but not forgotten

Post by KennyLusk » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:43 pm

Meriphew, that look phreakin sweet man!

You're right though, it's ALL ABOUT the Modulation man. Yum Yum.

Believe it or not that' one of the reasons I keep an old Digitech RP-1 around. The 4-tap Delay is crazy powerful but the Delay Modulation is sick on that thing, especially for the money. It does well processing vocal effects too.
"The mushroom states its own position very clearly. It says, "I require the nervous system of a mammal. Do you have one handy?" Terrence McKenna

jv
pushin' record

Post by jv » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:21 pm

OK, nobody's mentioned the Boss DD-20 yet, so I will. It's not vintage or boutique, but it's excellent. It has a space echo emulation, I don't know if it sounds like a space echo since I've never used one, but it sounds cool. It has various modes (modulation, analog, digital, tape, etc...) and they almost all sound great. And here's another great feature (especially for the studio)- the I/Os are switchable between -10 & +4.

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:18 pm

Yeah, the Boss DD-20 is uncool but absolutely great. I sold mine to buy the looper pedal--which is what I really needed--but I second that.

I also second the SRE-555 (lush), Memory Man (toasty, plus vibrato!), and Super Time Line (crunchy).

timbertrout
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by timbertrout » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:23 pm

Memory Man...Hot Freaks!