my client wants to do me

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Brian
resurrected

Post by Brian » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:55 am

and she woulda got a free double album recording recorded and mixed 24bit 192khz, mastered by you to the exclusion of all work.
I had a client like that and DAMN she was HHHHHHOOOOOOOTTTTT! I did not do her, looking back, I was already married to a woman I divorced. I should've done her.
I'm kinda glad though because she had some of the most awful music you ever heard, I'd hate to get attatched to or associated with.
Sometimes you gotta look at your life and go with the flow. I suck at that sometimes.
If she was a psycho, and after a few of those you get to know the "look in their eyes" before it's too late, then it's better if you don't.
I billed my hot client and got paid after a lot of sessions.
She was sooo hot though, I wish I would've done her.
Harumph!

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:58 pm

narcopolo wrote:haha, i wish!
well, except for all the guns and psychological abuse (and possible homicide), anyway.
did someone on this board wish they were phil spector?

I wish I was Kip Winger. Or Jeff Porcaro...

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

Brian
resurrected

Post by Brian » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:14 am

Sorta.
Harumph!

lyman
re-cappin' neve

Post by lyman » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:56 am

soundguy wrote:
I wish I was Kip Winger. Or Jeff Porcaro...
Some people look at kip winger and ask "why?" You look and him and ask "why not?"

soundguy
ghost haunting audio students

Post by soundguy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:12 am

WHY?????

she's only seventeen.

duh.

dave
http://www.glideonfade.com
one hundred percent discrete transistor recording with style and care.

scott anthony
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by scott anthony » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:25 pm

messageboard? more like TapeOp Forum... ;p

jmoose
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by jmoose » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:07 am

Ok.

True story.

Swear to Mirtha.

This happened YEAAAARS ago...I'm settin' up to track vocals and put up a mic in the booth, walk back to the CR...patch it all together & open the fader.

There's this buzz...doesn't sound like 60Hz, maybe AC but ahhh...it sucks whatever it is. So I start swappin' out patchcables, preamps, compressors...etc. but it's all leading back to the mic in the booth or something else in there.

Oh yeah, there's a chick singer in the booth...readin' a magazine & we're communicating over the talkback system the whole time, like 5-10 minutes or whatever. So anyway, I leave the control room, go through the live room & open the door on the vocal booth and there IT IS!

There's the buzz!!! Right there in the room?!?!? WTF???

Turns out :lol: she had a vibrator running. :shock:

Helped her "to relax while she sang".

I can't make up stuff like this!
J. 'Moose' Kahrs
mixer|producer|audio engineer
www.mooseaudio.net

www.oxidelounge.com

Roboburger
buyin' gear

Post by Roboburger » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:04 am

I know that in this case, the problem is resolved- but I got a big mouth, I'm working an overnight, and would like to offer an angle anyway. It is possible that she might not even realize she was being what others (you) percieved as flirtatious.

I am friends (now) with a beautiful woman who is a decent piano player and singer. She learned at an early age that she could get what she wants out of people easier with a little bit of flirtation, and over the years it just got incorporated into her manner, for lack of a better word.

When I met her, she was complementing how well I ran sound. I didn't want to be sexist, so I just replied in a friendly, non-flirting manner. But as we spoke more, there was something about the way she would slightly wink and turn her head as she spoke that I just couldn't help but think that she was being suggestive. I couldn't believe that such a hottie was flirting with me. And since I ain't got game, I just kept on being friendly, but didn't push it.

And then over the next few weeks, we became friends. We both worked in the bar industry, she would pop by my bar after she got off and we'd usually shoot the bull and have a few laughs. Since the same behavior from a dude wouldn't have triggered any weird response, I thought that maybe I was being sexist and just assuming she was flirting with me, so I just kept being a pal.

Thennnnnnnnnnn, on the night before Thanksgiving, it was dead at the club. it was dead at her bar too, so she came by. There was a special party at her bar, so she was in a tight black velvet dress, and she looked hot. I commented when she came in on how great she looked, and she gave a sly comeback and winked, while sliding her hand across my cheek and chin.

We had a few drinks while the last band finished up, and I left it open to her what to do next; Me: "Wanna keep drinking somewhere else?" -Her- "Nah- I've had enough"

"Wanna hit a diner?"- "Ugh- I've been snacking on party food all night, no more food."

"Well, I got Herbal tea at my place, wanna watch a movie?" - "That sounds great!"

So we go back to my place, keep chatting while brewing tea, with both of us laughing, and letting the occasional sex crack/flirtatious remark slip out. When we plopped down to watch whatever, she quickly fell asleep onto my shoulder. I woke her up after a few minutes and said, "Let me brew some more tea so you can drive home."

"It'd be best if I could just crash here tonight."

Well, she was looking up at me and leaning on my shoulder. A total hottie in a hot dress had come back to my place, and we had been flirting all night. So I went in for a kiss. She got MAD!

"Why does every guy that I'm nice to eventually end up hitting on me?!?!?!?!"

"Whoa- Hold it right there, I don't think i'm outta line here. Let me take that back- and let's put you up in the front bedroom, and we'll talk about it tomorrow moring. What time you want me to wake you?"

The next morning we had a long talk about what all went down and she decided that I wasn't out of line, and was happy that I was talking about it and working through it with her. I told her about her wink, and she swore she didn't even know she was doing it. She agreed it would explain a lot about male behavior if she was constantly being percieved as flirting with them. "All my friendly relationships with men end up totally fucked up- I'm called a 'bitch' when I won't hop in the sack with them." Even through the course of breakfast, Twice she did the slight head turn, with a wink and I pointed it out both times. "Did I?" "This explains why so many guys act jealous when I go from friend to friend just trying to talk." Me: "Sure- they all think you're fucking everybody but them!"

She has been working on not letting flirtatious things just slip out.

Just one of my dumb stories. Hope somebody gets a chuckle.
Audio Engineer Euphemism for going number two: "Rollin' off the Low End."

Brian
resurrected

Post by Brian » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:14 am

I had this chick do that while I was on a live house gig for a coupla five years. She was a "naughty dancer" with chicks and I thought, cool, she likes chicks I got nothing to worry about. Next thing I know miss hot cxhick is dressing more suggestively and comes in with a guy till she wears him out. Then she startrs flirting with me.
We're talking 5'9" brown/blonde hair, 'bout slim and very fit with everything sexy in ample proportion and not toooo much, WOW. Then she starts slinking up to me, then she starts hanging on my arm, then she starts swtickin her head on my arm, then the inevitable tounge in my ear with a full court breast press and rub. That's when I figured she'd be tryin for a lap dance, so, in usual dumass fashion, I sent her away clearly. My poor wife took the brunt of that, happily.
Harumph!

lharless
takin' a dinner break

Post by lharless » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:35 pm

bone her and move on to the next band.

-the end-

joelpatterson
carpal tunnel

Post by joelpatterson » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:27 pm

Mom territory, Jeremy, is shaky ground..
Mountaintop Studios
~The Peak of Perfection~
Petersburgh NY 12138

mountaintop@taconic.net