CHEAP-O Solid state recording amp recommendations?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

MikeCzech
gettin' sounds

Post by MikeCzech » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:58 pm

ROLAND JC-120!!!

Holy crap, I can't believe this amp isn't on here a thousand times already.. Unless I'm mistaking, but I could have sworn it was a solid state amp. Plug a distortion pedal into that puppy and it will rip your face off, truely a versatile amp with any fx (I know, that's kind of an oxymoron). Some amps don't react kindly to certain effects; I hate when they plug me into a JC120 in the store when I test effects because they all sound good!

OK, and you might think I'm crazy, but I'l telling you the absolute most amazing solid state preamp (if you are willing to go the rack rig route) I've ever heard, and proudly own is the Rocktron Chameleon. Only for the clean channel, that's it, but it sounds so flipping awesome, and it's another one of those wonder units where every stomp box sounds amazing on it. Oh the chorus, reverb, and hush are really nice too.

Check out the HarmonyCentral reviews on it, it's one of the few items you can find with a lot of responses where nearly every review is like a 9 or better.