Anybody got any US Rogers Drum Spares?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Paul Fury 161
gettin' sounds

Anybody got any US Rogers Drum Spares?

Post by Paul Fury 161 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:29 am

Hi all.I've been restoring a '72 Rogers drumkit in 24-12-13-16, the wrap's been painted over, needed lotsa work. I got it for next to nothing though, and it's coming along - but i'm short for a few spares, they're hard to come by here in the UK, was wondering if maybe any of you US tapeoppers either had some bits in your collections, or knew of good dealers to buy from? I especially need
one beavertail lug for my 13x9, the old ownerlost one (doh!), although I could do with a few if they're available, and ideally some proper Rogers bassdrum hooks and T-rods (got one side's worth original, one side with new parts that work ok).

Cgarges, Drumsound - thought you guys might be the people to ask? Also,didn't chetatkinsdiet on the old board do somerogers stuff - is he still about?

Cheers yallz,

Thanks in advance,

Paul Fury 161
"These mixes are really great. I only want to re-record all the guitars and vocals - can I have the masters please?"

www.myspace.com/extinguishher

Coco
re-cappin' neve

Post by Coco » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:42 am

www.vintagedrum.com

There is always parts on ebay as well. Good luck with your search!
I know enough to know that I don't know what I am doing.

Generals and Majors http://www.myspace.com/generalsandmajors

evan
buyin' gear

Post by evan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:33 am

Sorry to be so tangential, but isn't this weird? I saw it as an ad on their site. Parents' Resource Music Center, yikes...

Jonkan
ass engineer

Post by Jonkan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:59 pm

Ask over here: www.drumforum.org

those drumnerds can point you in the right direction. ;)

/J

Professor
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Professor » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:24 am

Contact Tim at Drum City in Denver, Colorado. They don't currently sell Rogers but they've been around a long time and Tim has lots of old drums and parts all over the store.
And when I was growing up in New Jersey Robbie's Music also had a tremendous supply of old drum parts, but looking on their website now they don't even list drums. I don't know if they're completely out of that end now or what, but it's probably worth the 5 minutes to at least e-mail them about it. Once upon a time I bought my Remo Legero kit from there, and remember being amazed when I saw all the old drums, hardware, and parts they had stashed in drawers and boxes in their attic. I hope they're just working on that part of the site.

-Jeremy

Dave-H
pushin' record

Post by Dave-H » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:55 pm

Hey, we ain't nerds over at frumforum.org !
Are your Rogers made in the US or are they made in England? They are different. I think Ajax made the British made version to Metric specs so hole spacing ect. is different. Good luck man!

Dave Huffman :D
Will Drum For Money

MikeCzech
gettin' sounds

Post by MikeCzech » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:47 pm

I knew a guy who had an old rogers kit, this was years ago, not sure he even still has it, but if you're really desperate PM me and maybe we can track him down. I know he's in LA somewhere, I don't think he'd be too hard to find to be honest. It was in mint, and it was just taking up space.

I don't even know if the kit he had was the same year or sizes, but like I said, if you're desperate....

percussion boy
carpal tunnel

Post by percussion boy » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:22 pm

Sam Adato's Drum Shop in San Francisco has various old drum parts. Don't know if they've got a website.
"The world don't need no more songs." - Bob Dylan

"Why does the Creator send me such knuckleheads?" - Sun Ra