70s A&H console. know how to make it work? Worth fixing?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

tasker
alignin' 24-trk

70s A&H console. know how to make it work? Worth fixing?

Post by tasker » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:08 pm

thought i'd tap your brains again. i've just acquired this allen & heath board. what's left of the manual seems to date it to 1973. i can't find any info on it. not only that, i can't make it work either. it looks like i've got 16 direct outs on the far right module and four group sends via those weird roller type things. but i don't have a master fader. in any case, i don't know a thing about this board. i've never been a fan of modern A&H stuff, but has anyone used any of the older boards like this. have opinions? do you think it's worth me figuring out / maybe throwing some money into? got any links to helpful sites that could help me along?
thanks,
tasker
also, if the photo doesn't show up, they're up at http://mediareader.org/AH.html

sonic dogg
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by sonic dogg » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:57 pm

That has to be the oldest A&H I've ever seen. Does it have a power supply? If so is it working? Could the strip on the last row with the 1/4" holes be its patch bay? How about a picture of the back......
Owner/ dishwasher @ Drool'nDoggRecords

Artist psycho-therapist/Priest

Wonderin where the lions are....

nipsy
pushin' record

Post by nipsy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:11 pm

have you tried http://www.recordingconsoles.net/consoles/consoles.htm? someone over there must know....its cool looking atleast...somekind of elder broadcast board maybe?

Jay